Aussie returning to the UK

Old May 7th 2008, 1:18 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Aussie returning to the UK

Originally Posted by JoolsB
Hi Cherry-I could do without the expense too but I am worried that as I have only been here 3 months and am meant to be giving it 2 years the rules may change and I will end up here forever against my will. I may well change my opinions & love it here in 2 years but if I still feel like I do now I want to be able to escape. I thought grass was greener too-what were we thinking?!
Once you feel that way its hard to get over it. Whereabouts are u?
Old May 7th 2008, 11:46 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherry6
I wish i had known that before I spent $30 on phone calls to the British Embassy! Its not exactly reassuring to know that they are handing out the wrong info
So I should be OK to apply now then. On the site (and on the phone) they say online applications only (so you are stuffed if you dont have a PC) yet when i tried to fill it in it asks for a sponsor (????) and under how many children it gives the choice of either 1,2,3,5,6 etc and i have 4 kids!!?? So I dont know what I am supposed to do with the fourth childs details!!
The form is probably badly designed and doesn't cater properly for Right of Abode applications.

Strongly recommend you join http://www.immigrationboards.com for U.K. immigration advice.

Bear in mind that your spouse and children cannot be included on a Right of Abode application and if they are not British/EEA citizens you will need to sponsor them for a visa.
Old May 7th 2008, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Megami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to all

Fantastic resource with that link JAJ, thanks for sharing!
Old May 8th 2008, 5:45 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherry6
Once you feel that way its hard to get over it. Whereabouts are u?
I am in Melbourne. Poor Melbourne nothing wrong with it but have the suspicion it's just not for me

Have just completed the citizenship application docs and have hunted out my mother's old passport and birth cert-thank God I have them-she died 14 years back and I am not the best record keeper in the world so it's a miracle!

The $1000 bucks plus $130 for pledge if granted is a bit of a bitter pill but c'est la vie!