Aussie returning to the UK

Old May 1st 2008, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Megami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to all
Default Aussie returning to the UK

Sorry to do an intro here, but I have been lurking for some time and thought I would do the right thing and see if you would all have me as a member ...

We are not your typical returning to UK situation. My husband and I are Australians who went to have a working holiday (though not on WHV - he has right of abode, could have citizenship, I get to stay around as well) in the UK in 2002-03. We returned to Australia, and are now organising to return to the UK, this time permanently, or at least for a few years. Not sure where we will be living, as it depends on my husband's job, but it looks like we are leaving Australia at the end of the year.

This forum has been very useful so far, and I look forward to 'meeting' more of you online in the future.

Cheers,
Megami
Old May 1st 2008, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie returning to the UK

Lucky you!!! I hope you have a wonderful time there and enjoy every minute. My eldest is also an Aussie with dual citizenship and has found far better career options in UK than he could have here - he doesnt know if/when he will be back either! Just wish I could persuade my Aussie husband that he wanted UK seasons rather than Canberra ones!
Old May 1st 2008, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Megami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to all

Quoll - we are currently in Canberra too - we live in North Lyneham.
Old May 1st 2008, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Megami
Quoll - we are currently in Canberra too - we live in North Lyneham.
Hey neighbour - Ainslie here!

Any preferences for where you will be going? You will get lots of "best place" suggestions from the folk here!
Old May 1st 2008, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to do an intro here, but I have been lurking for some time and thought I would do the right thing and see if you would all have me as a member ...

We are not your typical returning to UK situation. My husband and I are Australians who went to have a working holiday (though not on WHV - he has right of abode, could have citizenship, I get to stay around as well) in the UK in 2002-03. We returned to Australia, and are now organising to return to the UK, this time permanently, or at least for a few years. Not sure where we will be living, as it depends on my husband's job, but it looks like we are leaving Australia at the end of the year.

This forum has been very useful so far, and I look forward to 'meeting' more of you online in the future.

Cheers,
Megami

Best of luck.
Old May 2nd 2008, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

jimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to all

can I come too !!! I wish
Old May 2nd 2008, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers,
Megami
Great news, you can buy my house in the UK then I can get over to Oz LOL
Old May 4th 2008, 6:24 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

Hi Megami - where abouts are you heading in the UK? Where did you spend your time whilst there on your whv? I'm in a similar boat - was in Scotland 02-05 and was already starting to plot my return on the flight out of Glasgow!!!! Did NOT want to leave but don't have the good fortune of ancestral connections so it's the long, hard road for me Finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel and should be heading back over next year. Due to the immigration issue I have decided going over as a student will be my best (albeit expensive) option. I'm heading straight to Scotland and hoping to still be there when I'm an old biddy sitting in my rocking chair! Welcome to BE - good place to find info and vent your frustrations
Old May 4th 2008, 6:28 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and best wishes to all you Aussies trying to get over.

My Aussie mate has just decided she wants to come over with me when I go. I thought she was joking at first but shes planning taking her dogs too!!
Old May 4th 2008, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

jimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Good luck and best wishes to all you Aussies trying to get over.

My Aussie mate has just decided she wants to come over with me when I go. I thought she was joking at first but shes planning taking her dogs too!!
Hi Flea, how long to you finally get home, it must be getting fairly close now, your lucky friend, she must have residency I spose, anyway best of luck at you getting home as quickly as possible
Old May 4th 2008, 7:06 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimmyd4006
Hi Flea, how long to you finally get home, it must be getting fairly close now, your lucky friend, she must have residency I spose, anyway best of luck at you getting home as quickly as possible
Hello Jimmy.

Something is in the air but i am not going to tempt fate until i kow its happening, but and a big but, i could be going home quite soon.

No, my friend does not have residency, she is in similar position to you, but she is a CPA so is going to try getting in on the highly skilled migrant programme. She thinks she has enough points.

I was going to get her to come on here, but if she saw some of the crap i write, she will spank my bottom BIG TIME!!
Old May 4th 2008, 8:04 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Cheers,
Megami
Hi Megami,
I am an Aussie too, except I spent most of my life in the UK. Im on an Aussie passport and I will have to apply for right to abode in order to re enter the UK. Hopefully it wont be too difficult. I always thought Australia was where my heart would be but now I have been here this long (over 4 years) I have realised that Britain was where i really belonged. Good luck x
Old May 4th 2008, 8:06 am
Just Joined

Where we end up depends on where my husband's work sends him - it could be anywhere from Kent to Scotland, and anywhere in between!

Last time we were there we lived in London (Isle of Dogs), Glasgow (in Merchant City) and Manchester (just behind Salford Cathederal). We pretty much saw most of the UK on trips, except Cornwall for some reason.
Old May 4th 2008, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers,
Megami
Good luck and hope that your life in the U.K is a Great one......it's nice to know that people from other countries like/love the U.K as much as we (nearly) all do on this site!!!
All the best
Old May 4th 2008, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Hello Jimmy.

Something is in the air but i am not going to tempt fate until i kow its happening, but and a big but, i could be going home quite soon.

No, my friend does not have residency, she is in similar position to you, but she is a CPA so is going to try getting in on the highly skilled migrant programme. She thinks she has enough points.

I was going to get her to come on here, but if she saw some of the crap i write, she will spank my bottom BIG TIME!!
good on ya !! so glad to hear finally something might be happening for you so you can get back to your beautiful homeland..keeping my fingers..and everything else, crossed for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.