Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Apply to remain in the UK with family in the UK on a C family visit permit

Apply to remain in the UK with family in the UK on a C family visit permit

Old Sep 26th 2016, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

mahassine is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Apply to remain in the UK with family in the UK on a C family visit permit

Dear all,

I am a Moroccan national married to a british citizen since 2005. We have two children who also are British. We're thinking about relocating to the UK next year (from Morocco).

We've already bought a flat in the UK and we do have the required 62.000 pounds in savings (Husband not currently working).

I already have a 10 years C Family Visit Visa. I was hoping to avoid getting a new visa (family of a settled person) and applying in the UK during my next visit using my normal visa.

Do you think it would be possible ?
Old Sep 26th 2016, 10:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apply to remain in the UK with family in the UK on a C family visit permit

No, one cannot apply for any other visa while in the UK on a visitor visa.

You must apply for a settlement visa from Morocco.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

mahassine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Apply to remain in the UK with family in the UK on a C family visit permit

Thank you for your reply. I read about a possibility of "switching to a ‘family of a settled person’ visa.

Would that mean I can change the category of my visa while in the UK ?

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family
Old Sep 26th 2016, 11:54 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Google not working?

https://www.gov.uk/family-visit-visa/overview

Clearly says what you can and cannot do.
Old Sep 27th 2016, 5:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mahassine
Thank you for your reply. I read about a possibility of "switching to a ‘family of a settled person’ visa.

Would that mean I can change the category of my visa while in the UK ?

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family
You cannot change to any other visa while visiting the UK.

The visa you mention above is for people who are already in the UK on another visa ie student, work, investment visa and wish to change to remain with family who are already settled.

You need to apply for a settlement visa from Morocco