Financial requirement date of app 'in employment'

Old Sep 27th 2016, 9:18 am
Just Joined

sheba28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Financial requirement date of app 'in employment'

Hi

I want to apply for a spouse visa for my Colombian wife.

I started employment in May but have only been paid the full amount (enough to cover threshold) from July due to not working full month in May and unpaid leave in June. Therefore I think I can apply at the end of December when I will have 6 payslips showing the same amount (c. £2k).

My problem is timing because my contract ends on 31 December. If I apply on that day I will be 'in employment' at the date of application, and have worked 6 months. It is an online application and you then get an appointment to go with the documentation. So if I choose an appointment in January this will give me to get all the evidence in time for that (specifically the December payslip and bank statement).

Will I be refused because my employment will not be ongoing? It seems they are more worried about the past than the future...and technically it says on the date on application I should be in employment which I will be.

Is it ok if I don't have all the evidence when doing the online form? Or will it be refused because the evidence is after the application?

Thanks very much for any advice or experiences to share!