Another obscure Surinder Singh question

Old Sep 1st 2016, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

freedos12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another obscure Surinder Singh question

I'm living here in USA at the moment with my wife on a GC, (I'm a UK Citizen, she's USA Citizen. ) we're planning on going back to England for three - four months for a visit, I may pick up work in this time, for some extra funds while I'm seeing family..

The real question is can me and my spouse have a holiday in England then travel from England to Southern Ireland together to start the Surinder Singh route as normal after I apply for the directive visa and both work for six months in Ireland before applying for the Family Permit? ( Would the holiday or the fact we're both traveling from England to Ireland make any complications?) Any information would be very helpful as I've been googling anywhere and unable to get a definite answer.

Thanks! Help heavily appreciated!
Old Sep 1st 2016, 10:48 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another obscure Surinder Singh question

Better to leave the Common Travel Area and enter the RoI from another country in order to be stamped in at the border otherwise you may have difficulties demonstrating how long you have been in the RoI when you come to apply for your EEA Family Permit.
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 1:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Better to leave the Common Travel Area and enter the RoI from another country in order to be stamped in at the border otherwise you may have difficulties demonstrating how long you have been in the RoI when you come to apply for your EEA Family Permit.
But if I'm arriving by ferry wouldn't that be proof of arrival and the date of when I moved there? Like the itinarary.
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freedos12
But if I'm arriving by ferry wouldn't that be proof of arrival and the date of when I moved there? Like the itinarary.
Brit in Paris is, as always, correct. Arriving by ferry does not give you an immigration stamp. Ferry tickets are not proof of entry - useful as a backup maybe but that's all. Take a weekend in Paris, fly to Dublin, get stamped in and away you go!
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 2:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by quiltman
Brit in Paris is, as always, correct. Arriving by ferry does not give you an immigration stamp. Ferry tickets are not proof of entry - useful as a backup maybe but that's all. Take a weekend in Paris, fly to Dublin, get stamped in and away you go!
So would this be extremely mandatory is there any other way to get an immigration stamp? Or like you said would I have to fly to Paris then Dublin to get it? Funding will be kind of tight and we was wanting to get a car in England as all. 😣