Ancestry Visa

Old Jun 8th 2022, 4:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ancestry Visa

Originally Posted by Tate
Thanks BritInParis, may I ask why you recommend a RRV before an Ancestry Visa?
I had been coming around to thinking a Spouse Visa may be the easiest route?

Cheers, Tate
If you have concerns about whether you qualify under the Ancestry Visa due to you not wishing to work (retired) or whether you qualify under an RRV (been out of the country for 20 years), then, if you qualify under the spouse visa criteria, personally, I'd go with that.
People find the whole visa process somewhat stressful, and having doubts as to you fully qualifying even when submitting the application just adds to the stress. There is, of course, the additional cost involved in a spouse visa to take into consideration.
Old Sep 14th 2022, 11:54 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Given the recent changes to British nationality law it may be worth exploring whether you now qualify for British citizenship via your grandfather. Are you able to give some further background on this?
Old Nov 13th 2023, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

Tate is an unknown quantity at this point

Our plans to move back to UK have been on hold....the best laid schemes o mice and men!

Now resurrected, its planned to move six months hence.

BiP mentioned the recent changes to British nationality law and wondered if it was worthwhile to explore that option for British citizenship, via my grandfather?
I have looked into this and remain unsure of my eligibility due to double descent.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Cheers, Tate
Old Nov 14th 2023, 8:52 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Six months would be enough time to register as a British citizen if that’s an option. Are you able to provide some background to your circumstances?
Old Nov 14th 2023, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

Tate is an unknown quantity at this point

I was born in New Zealand 1950
My father was born in New Zealand 1924
My grandfather was born in England 1981

My son was born in England 1980 and is a British citizen.
Old Jan 12th 2024, 3:17 pm

Unfortunately, unless your father registered your birth at a British consulate, it’s unlikely that you are a British citizen.