All original documents returned?

Old Apr 13th 2015, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default All original documents returned?

Just a doubt.

After we send our application off with all original documents, birth/marriage certificates, utility bills, P60, payslips, photos etc will we get everything back?

Do we have to pay extra for the courier? If so when do we see that option?

Also is there a time limit when we have to send everything off by after the biometric test?

Thanks

Last edited by alfista1; Apr 13th 2015 at 8:55 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 8:58 pm
Goooner!

Pipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to all
Default Re: All original documents returned?

Did you not include a Air Waybill docket with your application?

You have the choice of either pre-paying yourself (like getting you package weighed at UPS and then pre-paying the amount and including the return shipping waybill in with your application.

Or you can go the route I am - which is, if, before you mail off your application, you go online to VFS website (where you can pay for Settlement Priority Service) where you can pay, in advance for their own Courier Service. But you need to really pay for this before you mail off your application and you need to print off the Waybill they provide and include it in your package. Otherwise you have to email it to the Sheffield Visa office ASAP.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 8:59 pm
Goooner!

Pipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to all

Going any of these routes you will get all your originally back.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pipmeister
Did you not include a Air Waybill docket with your application?

You have the choice of either pre-paying yourself (like getting you package weighed at UPS and then pre-paying the amount and including the return shipping waybill in with your application.

Or you can go the route I am - which is, if, before you mail off your application, you go online to VFS website (where you can pay for Settlement Priority Service) where you can pay, in advance for their own Courier Service. But you need to really pay for this before you mail off your application and you need to print off the Waybill they provide and include it in your package. Otherwise you have to email it to the Sheffield Visa office ASAP.
We are not at that stage yet. Hopefully next week. Just sent all of my documents with DHL to her
What would be the easiest way? Going online VFS like you have done?
(I don't think we have the priority service available).
Also ours goes to Bogota not Sheffield. I assume they use the same VFS site to enable us to pay.

So basically you prepay the return with a Waybill and include in the envelope?
Sorry it's the first ever time I've used DHL or service like this. All new to me.

Many thanks.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 9:21 pm
Goooner!

Hmmm, not sure about that Visa office - but check out the VFS Global site - they do appear to have many countries represented. It asks you where you are submitting from and what kind of visa - then it shows you the services they offer from the available visa offices for that area.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pipmeister
Hmmm, not sure about that Visa office - but check out the VFS Global site - they do appear to have many countries represented. It asks you where you are submitting from and what kind of visa - then it shows you the services they offer from the available visa offices for that area.
ah yes this is the one. VFS Argentina.
Uruguay directs me to VFS Argentina, then the papers are sent to VFS Bogota
Old Apr 13th 2015, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

ah now I am confused. I thought she did the biometric test and then sent the application off when she got home.
It appears you send them from the test centre in that moment

It says here:

What will happen when I attend for my appointment?

When you attend your appointment, you:

Should arrive 15 minutes before your appointment ( if you are late you will need to reschedule your appointment ); and
Provide your biometric data.
Deposit your passport, application form and supporting documents in a drop box ready for collection by a courier.

The application will then be sent to UK Visas & Immigration.
If this is the case then better. All done in one visit and sent off.
Luckily my wife can travel back to Uruguay with just her identity card and not passport otherwise she'd be in catch 22!! Imagine that. You need to send your passport but can only apply from another country.

Last edited by alfista1; Apr 13th 2015 at 9:47 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

OK reading it again I think I misunderstood the site.
Still somewhat confused though

First follow the steps below. Go home and they'll send the biometric data to you by express courier?

Second you have a choice of going back to Argentina to use their user pay service to drop your application off (paying 59 GBP) or sending it off yourself from home.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

HOW TO APPLY

Follow these steps to apply for a visa to the UK.
Step 1

Visit the UK government website for visas and immigration in Argentina and apply for a visa online.
Step 2

To complete the application process, you must book and attend an appointment at the visa application centre (user pay) All UK visa applicants are required to book an appointment prior to submission. Walk in applicants will no longer be accommodated.

You can find more information on the ‘book an appointment’ page.
Step 3

On the day of your appointment, plan to arrive 15 minutes early at the visa application centre. Bring your appointment letter and application pack, your passport and a second valid form of identification.

When you arrive at the visa application centre you will collect a token. Wait until your token is called to make your application.

Please hold on to your receipt as you will need this later to collect your documents.

Important note: You will not be able to submit further documents once your application has been submitted at the visa application centre. The documents that you submitted at the time you made your application will be the only documents that are considered.
Step 4

Enrol your fingerprints and photograph (known as biometric information collection) at the visa application centre. This includes a digital finger scan (all 10 digits) and a digital photograph. The finger scan procedure uses an electronic scanner. No ink, liquid or chemical. You should ensure that your fingertips are free from any forms of decoration (for example, henna), cuts, abrasions or other markings as these may affect your ability to provide acceptable finger scans. Your digital photograph must be taken with full face and without sunglasses or tinted spectacles, or head covering unless it is worn for religious or medical reasons. Your face should be clearly visible with no hair across the eyes. We cannot process your visa if you do not submit your biometric information.
Step 5

You will have your documents returned to you by express courier.
UK Visa Information - Argentina - Frequently Asked Questions
The fee paid for the Visa Application Centre is in addition to the visa application fee. The GBP59 fee covers the Visa Application Centre (User Pay) Service fee and the courier shipments to the UK Visas and Immigration Decision Making Centre in Bogotá (Colombia) and back to your preferred mailing address.

The Visa Application Centre (User Pay) Service fee is not refundable if the visa application is refused or if the applicant fails to cancel their appointment within 48 hours of their scheduled appointment.

Note that this service is free for applicants who are applying for a European Economic Area Family Permit/Swiss National Family Member visa.

The Visa Application Centre uses the Home Office’s mobile Biometric Enrolment System (BES) equipment to take biometric data (finger scans and digital photograph).

Please note: Although we make every effort to ensure that the Visa Application Centre (User Pay) service takes place as advertised, incidents beyond our control (such as natural disasters, security issues, etc.) may cause disruption and impact our ability to run the Visa Application Centre (User Pay) Service. In the unlikely event that we are unable to collect your biometrics on your date of appointment, we will either offer you an appointment on the next scheduled service date or, if you prefer, provide you with a full refund.

Last edited by alfista1; Apr 13th 2015 at 10:01 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Am I being stupid here or can she submit her application from the VFS centre at the same time as taking the biometric test? Or does she need to wait for that data to be sent to her first?

Going in circles with this website getting more confused. Please help
3 simple steps it says
Old Apr 13th 2015, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

It looks as if she will submit all her documents when she does her biometrics. At least, that is how I am reading it. Regarding getting all originals returned to you, you should submit copies of everything to UKVI and keep a copy for your own records.
Old Apr 14th 2015, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by michali
It looks as if she will submit all her documents when she does her biometrics. At least, that is how I am reading it. Regarding getting all originals returned to you, you should submit copies of everything to UKVI and keep a copy for your own records.
It looks that way doesn't it. Not 100% sure though but it makes sense.
Why go for the biometrics and have to return a few days later?

From what I understand you pay the 59 quid when you pay your visa fee and this includes the biometric and the express courier from the centre.

They even offer advice and help with the forms apparently.

Does anyone read it differently?

Has anyone else done the same through a VFS centre? Dropped off the application with them?
Old Apr 14th 2015, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

ok just sent an email to UKVI asking to clarify as no one has confirmed the exact process here.

I see from other VFS centers the steps vary slightly.

Wonder if anyone from Argentina is on this forum