Adopted child process

Old Sep 21st 2016, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

jasminecottage45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Adopted child process

Hi

No, the "de facto adoption" was not explained to us by the lawyers. In all honesty we had to 50 pounds for the call and they just informed us to ensure that we sent every piece of information we had to them. We printed out all of the email correspondence and asked the original lawyer in Guyana and the adoption agency in Guyana to provide letters to state the children were legally adopted.

However they did make mention that in the first opening statement that they could confirm that the adoption was legitimate.

I think because they thought we actually lived in Guyana that it was one of convenience and that we were still in contact with the children's families.

We had never ever met the families of either child as their were both in orphanages when we started looking for children.

I just hope we have provided all of the information they require.
Old Sep 21st 2016, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

It's good that you have sent lots of supporting information.

I think at this point there probably isn't much you can do except wait and see if it goes through this time with all the additional info you have sent. I know how stressful the waiting is so my heart really goes out to you.

Hopefully you will get the visas this time but if not then send me a PM and I could share the cover letter we sent with our Citizenship. Also if you want I could give you the contact info for the lawyer we used for a consultation she is very experienced with visa and citizenship applications for adopted children. It was 275 GBP for a phone consultation which was a lot of money for us but it was very helpful. We then did the applications ourselves.

It sounds as if your adoptions probably do qualify as de facto but below is a link I found that explains the criteria. In our cover letter I pointed out that our children's adoptions met each of these criteria in ADDITION to being considered Full and Final by both the US and their countries of birth.

https://www.migreat.com/en/uk-visa-r...d-children-a65

Hang in there it will be okay in the end but I do know how tough all of this is to go through x
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 4:49 am
Just Joined

MikeOhoo is an unknown quantity at this point

NiHao, would you be kind enough to share details of the lawyer you used? We are experiencing similar issues though we are still abroad and adopted while abroad in a none Hague adoption process. We just want an opportunity to travel back to the UK on holidays when ever we wish to with our son but not intending to move back yet thanks.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Hi MikeOhoo,

I'm not sure if the forum rules allow for me to post the lawyer's contact info here so I have sent it to you by PM.

When you email her layout your situation as clearly as you can and then you will be contacted with various dates available for a telephone consultation.

For the phone call make sure that you have a copy of your own notes in front of you, along with all your questions, so you don't forget anything you want to check/ask.

As I mentioned the consultation was 275 GBP and she followed this up with a letter (via email) that laid out everything we had discussed, my options and her charges if I wanted to use her for the UK registration.

In your case being UK citizens by naturalization I don't know if that means you can apply for citizenship? Hopefully yes and if it does then I would think that going for citizenship at some point might be the best thing to do because then you don't have to keep worrying about and paying for visas.

Good luck with it all I know how stressful it can be.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

MikeOhoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much NiHao. I will update on here if okay...
Old Oct 4th 2016, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

You are very welcome

Yes, please do post about your progress. I hope you will soon have good news!