Baby with Aus passport only

Old Sep 16th 2016, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of
Default Baby with Aus passport only

Can't quite seem to find a definitive answer on this one so thought I'd throw it out.

My daughter will be 5 months old when we travel. Born in Aus but as I am a British citizen she would be too.

Can she enter the UK on her Australian passport if the intention is to live there or does she need to have a UK passport?
Old Sep 16th 2016, 8:02 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baby with Aus passport only

The official answer is yes. Others may have successfully relied on an Immigration Officer's discretion at the border but for the sake of £50 I personally would not risk it. Access to services in the UK increasingly requires proof of your immigration status and without a British birth certificate you may find your daughter will require her British passport once she's back in the UK in any case.
Old Sep 16th 2016, 8:41 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steen1976 View Post
Can't quite seem to find a definitive answer on this one so thought I'd throw it out.

My daughter will be 5 months old when we travel. Born in Aus but as I am a British citizen she would be too.

Can she enter the UK on her Australian passport if the intention is to live there or does she need to have a UK passport?
Get her her UK passport, it will make things easier, and there will be no risks.
Old Sep 16th 2016, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

Only reason it's a problem is having to send off my UK passport.
Old Sep 16th 2016, 9:16 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Only reason it's a problem is having to send off my UK passport.
You don't need to do that.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
You don't need to do that.
Table B for parents documents it states "The passport you entered the country from which you are applying...."
Old Sep 19th 2016, 8:53 am

Table B for parents documents it states "The passport you entered the country from which you are applying...."
It's not very well written but that's referring to the applicant's passport, not the parents'.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
It's not very well written but that's referring to the applicant's passport, not the parents'.
But the row for First British Passport in the Supporting Document table has a section for Current British Passport for the applicant which they have a cross in to indicate they do not require it - as the applicant would not have one.

Then Table B is for parents or adoptive parents documents only.

So if it's not their intention that the parent sends their passport then it's completely misleading.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 4:16 pm

But the row for First British Passport in the Supporting Document table has a section for Current British Passport for the applicant which they have a cross in to indicate they do not require it - as the applicant would not have one.

Then Table B is for parents or adoptive parents documents only.

So if it's not their intention that the parent sends their passport then it's completely misleading.
I agree it's not very well written but anything that refers to 'you' or 'your' is the applicant regardless of their age.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

I had ended up sending it off but it was all back within 2 weeks anyway. Great service - compared to the pathetic process and astronomical cost they force on you in Australia anyway.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 8:32 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your valuable help everyone