Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > China/Hong Kong
Reload this Page >

Working in Hong Kong with Children

Working in Hong Kong with Children

Old Mar 2nd 2006, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

juckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to behold
Default Working in Hong Kong with Children

Hi,

I am looking at obtaining an IT role for a year or two in Hong Kong and would really appreciate if someone could help with a few questions.

1. I have two girls age 4 and 13 who will need to attend an English school. What are the best schools in Hong Kong / Kowloon and what will it cost ?

2. Are there any good ex pat areas on the island to live ?

3. I need a three bed place and am unsure where to start or what part of the island / kowloon I should consider.

4. How much GBP would you need/year to live comfortably ?

5. Is it a good experience working in Hong Kong as I am getting bored of London.

Thanks

Juckky
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 7:54 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working in Hong Kong with Children

Originally Posted by juckky
Hi,

I am looking at obtaining an IT role for a year or two in Hong Kong and would really appreciate if someone could help with a few questions.

1. I have two girls age 4 and 13 who will need to attend an English school. What are the best schools in Hong Kong / Kowloon and what will it cost ?

2. Are there any good ex pat areas on the island to live ?

3. I need a three bed place and am unsure where to start or what part of the island / kowloon I should consider.

4. How much GBP would you need/year to live comfortably ?

5. Is it a good experience working in Hong Kong as I am getting bored of London.

Thanks

Juckky
What sort of IT work do you do? Will you be transferring within your current company?

Here's the link of a thread that might help answer some of your questions on areas to live and schools:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285139

Without knowing what sort of salary you're expecting, it's difficult to recommend areas to live. Some people can live comfortably on a household income of HKD500k per year. Some spend HKD500k per year on rental and still complain about lack of space. It all depends on what you're used to and what you're expecting.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL (borrowing ADL's account)