Tourist Visa

Old Mar 22nd 2016, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

TigerTub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tourist Visa

Hi,

I am looking into relocating to Cancun, Mexico on a 6 month tourist visa come July to be with my partner who is a local.

As I work offshore in various countries on a rotation of 1 month on 1 month off, would my visa reset every time I leave Mexico allowing me to stay there for longer than 6 months?

Any help is truly appreciated.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tourist Visa

Everytime you re-enter Mexico you will get a 6 month tourist visa .It doesnt reset adding more time on your 6 months but just new entry date and departure date for 6 months stay only.If you want to apply for a temporary resident visa you need to apply outside of Mexico at a Mexican Embassy ,it used to be you could apply inside of Mexico but changed a couple of years ago.Lots of foreigners have used the tourist visa every year and never had problems including me.

Last edited by neilcumming; Mar 22nd 2016 at 5:46 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

TigerTub is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by neilcumming
Everytime you re-enter Mexico you will get a 6 month tourist visa .It doesnt reset adding more time on your 6 months but just new entry date and departure date for 6 months stay only.If you want to apply for a temporary resident visa you need to apply outside of Mexico at a Mexican Embassy ,it used to be you could apply inside of Mexico but changed a couple of years ago.Lots of foreigners have used the tourist visa every year and never had problems including me.
Thanks I might as well stick with the tourist visa as I wont be working in mexico. Cheers for the help
Old Mar 24th 2016, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TigerTub
Thanks I might as well stick with the tourist visa as I wont be working in mexico. Cheers for the help
De nada and I dont think you will have any problems.