Marrying a Mexican

Old Sep 14th 2013, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

David.Clark613 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marrying a Mexican

Hi there,

I plan on marrying my Mexican Girlfriend within the year and would like to hear from people who have married a Mexican or are in the process of doing this, for advice.

I think we would aim to get married in Mexico and then live back in the UK - so really we want to know how easy it is to get her a spousal visa. I know that she would need to apply for it in Mexico, but is it a straight forward & quick process? Would we need a lawyer to do it, or is it easy enough to do yourself?

Any help information at all would be great

Thanks,

David
Old Sep 16th 2013, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Marrying a Mexican

I married a Mexican in 2000 - in her hometown. The Spousal Visa application process was straightforward enough but we did have to provide a good deal of proof that the marriage was genuine. It also helped that I had already filed, in my local N.London registry office, a "Superintendent Registrar's Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage Pursuant to the Marriage With Foreigners Act 1906" - it probably made them realize that this was being taken seriously
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Adrian, appreciate the response. I am sure I will be on here much more closer to the time pestering everyone with questions
Old Dec 27th 2013, 2:19 am
Just Joined

maumeza is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, i wanna know if someone can give me some info about what will i need to get married with my gf she is Scottish and we are planing to live in uk, im Mexican, Im not very sure about all the things we should do, should she start and do something there? or i have to?

thanks alot
Old Feb 5th 2014, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

Hi maumeza. I am from Scotland and my girlfriend is Mexican - we are hopefully going to apply soon for her visa to live in the UK - maybe we can help each other out with what to submit - I think I have a good idea.