Medical tourism - update

Old Jul 5th 2019, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medical tourism - update

Here's an interview with the Indian surgeon and benefactor who set up a medical-tourism hospital in Cayman five or six years ago. It has become amazingly popular with us locals - not least, with our family. My wife was in there on two occasions (a week each time) for lung-treatment, and will probably have to go a third time soon. Anybody in the Caribbean region should really consider coming here for treatment, if they can afford the airfare of course... (Assurance to moddies: I have no financial interest in the hospital, and no ulterior motive for posting this news.)
https://www.caymancompass.com/2019/0...ail&position=0
Old Jul 5th 2019, 5:38 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical tourism - update

Hello Gordon,

i emailed them asking for prices for 2 procedures. They were around 2 or 3 times the package cost of the same procedures carried out privately in France or Belgium, with prices actually similar to packaged private work in London NHS teaching hospitals.

While i have no ‘anti’ views on your local hospital, i do feel it would be difficult for them to compete with the vast resources and experienced clinicians - especially in London or Brussels. I have relatives who have had cosmetic surgery and joint replacements in Brussels and highly recommended the experience. For them, key was a 45 min flight back to the NHS and the interesting way GP’s do appear to support their patients - despite the official NHS views - afterwards.
Old Jul 5th 2019, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical tourism - update

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
I emailed them asking for prices for 2 procedures. They were around 2 or 3 times the package cost of the same procedures carried out privately in France or Belgium, with prices actually similar to packaged private work in London NHS teaching hospitals.

While i have no ‘anti’ views on your local hospital, i do feel it would be difficult for them to compete with the vast resources and experienced clinicians - especially in London or Brussels. I have relatives who have had cosmetic surgery and joint replacements in Brussels and highly recommended the experience. For them, key was a 45 min flight back to the NHS and the interesting way GP’s do appear to support their patients - despite the official NHS views - afterwards.

Thanks for the info. I agree it would be well-nigh impossible for our Shetty to have the same resources as available in Europe - although the home base of the Shetty organisation is Bangalore, a city of eight million. Anybody from Europe would be silly to fly all the way over here instead of going somewhere local. All the same, the Cayman one seems to be pushing ahead with its attempt to be the best in the region, so we'll have to wait and see.