Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Teaching in the Caribbean

Teaching in the Caribbean

Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

Juno Ramirez is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Teaching in the Caribbean

Hi There

I will be studying for my PGCE next year and plan on teaching in London for a couple of years before relocating to the Caribbean. Barbados is on my list as well as Cayman. It may be easier to go to Barbados as I am eligible for CARICOM status-both my parents are Jamaican. Can anyone tell me how the education system works, I will be teaching primary school-how much are teachers paid, cost of living etc. I have one 8 year old daughter and my partner works for London Transport.

Thanks
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:48 am

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Teaching in the Caribbean

Originally Posted by Juno Ramirez
Hi There

I will be studying for my PGCE next year and plan on teaching in London for a couple of years before relocating to the Caribbean. Barbados is on my list as well as Cayman. It may be easier to go to Barbados as I am eligible for CARICOM status-both my parents are Jamaican. Can anyone tell me how the education system works, I will be teaching primary school-how much are teachers paid, cost of living etc. I have one 8 year old daughter and my partner works for London Transport.

Thanks
do you hold a Jamaican passport? If you dont you need to get one to get Caricom status
Old Aug 1st 2007, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Juno Ramirez is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I do. Do u have any info about teaching over there?
Old Aug 1st 2007, 11:40 am

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Juno Ramirez
Yes I do. Do u have any info about teaching over there?
not a thing - sorry!

all I know is theres quite alot of expat teachers out there and the curriculum is very similar to the UK.