Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Question - Vincentian Fiancé

Spouse Visa Question - Vincentian Fiancé

Old May 9th 2011, 10:59 am
Just Joined

CharlieBrowne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa Question - Vincentian Fiancé

Hello

Sorry if i am posting this in the wrong area, Before I start rambling on, I apologize in advance for asking 700 questions, Ive worked myself up into a right tizzy, i have a few questions and i wondered if anyone could help, or if anyone has been in a similar situation?

My Fiance is from the St Vincent and i am from the UK, we have been together since 2006 ( 5 Years) since i met him through mutual friends on holiday. We have decided after all this time to get married when i visit the SVG this summer (In about 6 weeks ). After we are married we will then apply for a spouse visa maybe after i have returned to the UK. The only thing is that i do not have my own place to live at the moment i am living with my sister (She is renting, not a home owner and i have been living there for 4 years) my sister has agreed to let us stay there until we can find a place of our own, will this be accepted?

For my supporting documents, i will have photos (around 50) will that be enough? Starting from 2006 until 2011 and how should i present them?

My fiance has been to the UK 2 times on holiday to stay with me, staying 3 months the 1st time and 4 months the 2nd time, but i also travel over to his country to see him, i have dual nationality (US & UK) and traveled on my US passport so i have stamps to prove i have visited there over the past 6 summers, could i send photocopies of those as extra proof along with the other required documents (listed on the UK border agency site)?

Also i am so worried about the money side of things, do i need to have savings in the bank ( i have none) to show i am able to support him until he finds a job in the UK? i earn around an average a salary and i have a few debts that i am paying off which total to about just under £500 a month (these will show on my bank statements) CC Card, Loan etc . Does it matter if i have an overdraft facility, that i do go into, or is it best to pay this off first?
How much roughly do they need to see in your account every month to show i am able to support him?

Does the payment for the visa have to show on your bank statements, or does that not matter? (because you can pay by credit card) as long as you send the receipt.

Also when we communicate, it is usually on the internet, MSN, Skype etc as it is cheaper than calling, how will i prove this to show we have been communicating?

When we do call each other it is with phone cards, can i send copies of my phone bill with this number on it, even if it doesn't show his direct number?

Would engagement cards from my friends and family be good to send, along with plane ticket stubs etc etc?

My friend may have a part time offer job for my fiance when he comes to the UK as he owns his own business and will be able to provide an offer letter of employment, the only thing is the job is over an hour away from where i live, he would have to get there by public transport.I wonder if this would flag up as a problem ???

Finally he has to go to Barbados to have his biometrics taken, and immediatly after he will send the documentation. Where does it give you the option to send the documents by priority? Is it on the world bridge website?

I will appreciate all the help and advice possible as i want to increase the chance of the visa being approved. I'm very worried at the moment as there is so much to sort out.

Charlie ..xx
Old May 11th 2011, 12:51 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Question - Vincentian Fiancé

Originally Posted by CharlieBrowne
Hello

Sorry if i am posting this in the wrong area, Before I start rambling on, I apologize in advance for asking 700 questions, Ive worked myself up into a right tizzy, i have a few questions and i wondered if anyone could help, or if anyone has been in a similar situation?

My Fiance is from the St Vincent and i am from the UK, we have been together since 2006 ( 5 Years) since i met him through mutual friends on holiday. We have decided after all this time to get married when i visit the SVG this summer (In about 6 weeks ). After we are married we will then apply for a spouse visa maybe after i have returned to the UK. The only thing is that i do not have my own place to live at the moment i am living with my sister (She is renting, not a home owner and i have been living there for 4 years) my sister has agreed to let us stay there until we can find a place of our own, will this be accepted?

For my supporting documents, i will have photos (around 50) will that be enough? Starting from 2006 until 2011 and how should i present them?

My fiance has been to the UK 2 times on holiday to stay with me, staying 3 months the 1st time and 4 months the 2nd time, but i also travel over to his country to see him, i have dual nationality (US & UK) and traveled on my US passport so i have stamps to prove i have visited there over the past 6 summers, could i send photocopies of those as extra proof along with the other required documents (listed on the UK border agency site)?

Also i am so worried about the money side of things, do i need to have savings in the bank ( i have none) to show i am able to support him until he finds a job in the UK? i earn around an average a salary and i have a few debts that i am paying off which total to about just under £500 a month (these will show on my bank statements) CC Card, Loan etc . Does it matter if i have an overdraft facility, that i do go into, or is it best to pay this off first?
How much roughly do they need to see in your account every month to show i am able to support him?

Does the payment for the visa have to show on your bank statements, or does that not matter? (because you can pay by credit card) as long as you send the receipt.

Also when we communicate, it is usually on the internet, MSN, Skype etc as it is cheaper than calling, how will i prove this to show we have been communicating?

When we do call each other it is with phone cards, can i send copies of my phone bill with this number on it, even if it doesn't show his direct number?

Would engagement cards from my friends and family be good to send, along with plane ticket stubs etc etc?

My friend may have a part time offer job for my fiance when he comes to the UK as he owns his own business and will be able to provide an offer letter of employment, the only thing is the job is over an hour away from where i live, he would have to get there by public transport.I wonder if this would flag up as a problem ???

Finally he has to go to Barbados to have his biometrics taken, and immediatly after he will send the documentation. Where does it give you the option to send the documents by priority? Is it on the world bridge website?

I will appreciate all the help and advice possible as i want to increase the chance of the visa being approved. I'm very worried at the moment as there is so much to sort out.

Charlie ..xx
Hi Charlie

I can't answer all your questions but you seemed to have thought about everything. Don't get yourself too worked up about it. They will most probably asked for you for 3-6 months pay slips, a bank statement, proof of address. If you are staying with your sister and she has the tenency, they may ask to see a copy of the tenency agreement and your sister will have to write you a letter saying she is happy to accomodate you and your husband.
Go and enjoy your wedding and stop fretting, these people are trained to spot the bogus weddings so you should be ok from what you have said.
Old May 12th 2011, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

CharlieBrowne is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your reply Haha you sound like you know me, im such a worrier and i do need to relax very true Just soo much to sort out but it will be worth it in the end..x
Old May 12th 2011, 3:20 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CharlieBrowne
Thank you for your reply Haha you sound like you know me, im such a worrier and i do need to relax very true Just soo much to sort out but it will be worth it in the end..x
I was in a similar situation to you quite a few years ago, so had to go through the process. As the Nike advert says "just do it" and a famous Bob Marley line is "every little thing, is gonna be alright"
Old May 19th 2011, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

Lady in Waiting is an unknown quantity at this point

Ditto me...!!

My husband is from St Vincent but was living in Barbados when we married. After an 8 month fight with the authorities we did finally get his visa granted but like you have said we had to supply lots of information including phone bills, photo's, tenancy agreement, bank statements etc.

We also got a couple of statements from friends and relatives that knew us whom wrote chararcter references stating we were in a "proper" relationship. We also got a letter validated from the local Justice of the Peace in Barbados

World Bridge dont make it easy so be prepared for a wait but like someone else has said if your reasons for marriage and settlement in UK are genuine they really cant decline the application although they may do the first time around....you can appeal it if they do.
The fact that your fiance may have an offer of work will also help as he wont be able to claim any type of benefit although you can claim Local Housing Allowance if you are able to rent a home of your own dependant on your earnings as that is not considered a "social fund"

We are now settled in the UK with all of the stresses you mention behind us so it really can happen...have faith!

Good luck with everything