omg - we have set a date

Old May 14th 2008, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

glitterycloud will become famous soon enoughglitterycloud will become famous soon enough
Default omg - we have set a date

Hi all, me and hubby have just set a date for us to move to St Lucia permantly and it is all so exciting but daunting too!
We are going to say goodbye to blighty May - August next year, i say May-Aug coz hubby is going over first in May as he is St lucian and can stay with his family and get everything ready for me to come over in August 09.
We have researched container shipping as i want some things from home to comfort me when I am homesick (or if i am homesick) we know what we are going to do for work - we are going to set up our own business so alot of research has been done with that too.
Firstly we will rent until some land that is owned by hubbys family is freed up then we will build on it and see where it takes us.
We dont have any children yet so it is an easy move for us to make, I am sick of this country and all its taxes and red tape.
I am daunted by it all as hubby is so laid back and i feel without me researching and emailing people we wouldnt be where we are now but thats caribbean people for you lol.
I know it will be hard work moving over there but i am hoping to contact a few people on here and get some advice and help and hopefully make some expat friends!!
Bring on next year!!
Old May 15th 2008, 3:54 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: omg - we have set a date

Originally Posted by glitterycloud
Hi all, me and hubby have just set a date for us to move to St Lucia permantly and it is all so exciting but daunting too!
We are going to say goodbye to blighty May - August next year, i say May-Aug coz hubby is going over first in May as he is St lucian and can stay with his family and get everything ready for me to come over in August 09.
We have researched container shipping as i want some things from home to comfort me when I am homesick (or if i am homesick) we know what we are going to do for work - we are going to set up our own business so alot of research has been done with that too.
Firstly we will rent until some land that is owned by hubbys family is freed up then we will build on it and see where it takes us.
We dont have any children yet so it is an easy move for us to make, I am sick of this country and all its taxes and red tape.
I am daunted by it all as hubby is so laid back and i feel without me researching and emailing people we wouldnt be where we are now but thats caribbean people for you lol.
I know it will be hard work moving over there but i am hoping to contact a few people on here and get some advice and help and hopefully make some expat friends!!
Bring on next year!!
Good on you !!!
I will hopefully see you there.
Old May 15th 2008, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

LucyLock is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Glitterycloud,

Congratulations on your decision, thats great news. I moved out here a while ago with my husband and young daughter and I love it, if you need any advice and help, even on trivial things then let me know I would be really happy to help.
Once you are out here I would also be happy to introduce you to everyone.

Good Luck!
Old May 21st 2008, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

LottieLou is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by glitterycloud
Bring on next year!!
Congratulations on your decision as well.

I've been over here for 2 years now and don't regret making the decision.

if you get any problems or questions, feel free to ask on here as there are numerous people here with a wealth of information.

Lottie