Bachelor questions!!!

Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

tigertmoore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bachelor questions!!!

Friends: my first posting here with a few pert questions... I've snooped through the previous posts to make sure I'm not dundering about... I'm near the spot of accepting an offer to be based in St L traveling the region for an Amercian based construction co... Exec Director/Big Boss blah blah... if I do take the offer in the next few days then I'll decline the 2 offers extant... 1 taking me to Hong Kong SAR and an extremely bad offer to Qatar...

There's some issues I'd appreciate any response to!

I'm a single 47 yo exec bachelor (unhappily!) and solving that issue daily/weekly or permanently would be of extremely small trouble in Hong Kong... last time there it was a mad crush of many many stunning/gorgeous ladies every single night and many were very sincere and not "working girls"... the last time in United Arab E's it was quite the opposite... could not even look of course at the local women without threat of a lashing and the ones who did come on were 100% imported desperate girls looking to empty my wallet to repay their "sponsor pimp" and that's it... not a very romantic mood created at that...

What chance might I have anywhere in or nearby St L of meeting Euro or American or Caucasian (!) ladies for long term friendships/romance? Do single available ladies exist, or do I need many runs on the beach followed by cold showers instead?

For rental of a home, I despise small places and am accustomed to a home with yard... snooping through the few available websites for info hasn't resulted in many offers... should I be looking to pay exhorbitant for a long term lease of a furnished 2/3 br villa or detached home... are they available for USD$3-5 k per month?

Social life... in Singapore or HK it was no trouble at all... what's the life of an expat bachelor like locally? It's nice/ok/bad or better to wind up on another island for the weekend?

Please offer whatever response you like to my honest questions... not trying to be cutting but if I am going to make the decision to move to your island in the next few days, then my private/off time is important to me and is surely part of my decisions.

I am quite the infidel so Qatar is already out of mind... HK is ok but the package offered in the 5th most expensive city in the world is not that great... maybe life in the Carrbbean really is for me???

Very kind regards!

Tiger Thom
Old Jun 27th 2008, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

LottieLou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bachelor questions!!!

Originally Posted by tigertmoore
Friends: my first posting here with a few pert questions... I've snooped through the previous posts to make sure I'm not dundering about... I'm near the spot of accepting an offer to be based in St L traveling the region for an Amercian based construction co... Exec Director/Big Boss blah blah... if I do take the offer in the next few days then I'll decline the 2 offers extant... 1 taking me to Hong Kong SAR and an extremely bad offer to Qatar...

There's some issues I'd appreciate any response to!

I'm a single 47 yo exec bachelor (unhappily!) and solving that issue daily/weekly or permanently would be of extremely small trouble in Hong Kong... last time there it was a mad crush of many many stunning/gorgeous ladies every single night and many were very sincere and not "working girls"... the last time in United Arab E's it was quite the opposite... could not even look of course at the local women without threat of a lashing and the ones who did come on were 100% imported desperate girls looking to empty my wallet to repay their "sponsor pimp" and that's it... not a very romantic mood created at that...

What chance might I have anywhere in or nearby St L of meeting Euro or American or Caucasian (!) ladies for long term friendships/romance? Do single available ladies exist, or do I need many runs on the beach followed by cold showers instead?

For rental of a home, I despise small places and am accustomed to a home with yard... snooping through the few available websites for info hasn't resulted in many offers... should I be looking to pay exhorbitant for a long term lease of a furnished 2/3 br villa or detached home... are they available for USD$3-5 k per month?

Social life... in Singapore or HK it was no trouble at all... what's the life of an expat bachelor like locally? It's nice/ok/bad or better to wind up on another island for the weekend?

Please offer whatever response you like to my honest questions... not trying to be cutting but if I am going to make the decision to move to your island in the next few days, then my private/off time is important to me and is surely part of my decisions.

I am quite the infidel so Qatar is already out of mind... HK is ok but the package offered in the 5th most expensive city in the world is not that great... maybe life in the Carrbbean really is for me???

Very kind regards!

Tiger Thom
Hi Tiger Thom,
welcome to the forums!

Social life over here isn't too bad depending on where you are looking to stay. In the north of the island, there are more bars and nightlife. In the south (where I'm located), there are some places (my bar is quite nice as well ) to hang out and lime.

As for finding a single white female.....i'm not sure I can help (seeing as i'm a white female, I don't go out and look for other white females..there's a touch of sarcasm there, so please don't take it personally).

For finding somewhere to rent/lease, i'm sure you wont have many problems finding somewhere for the price that you stated - the north of the island is better suited to what you would be looking for - around Gros Islet area probably more so. In the south, there are some nice places, but I can't think off the top of my head anywhere that would be available.

HTH, i'm sure some other people will give you some other options as well.

Take care and good luck in your choice of country

Lottie
Old Jun 27th 2008, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

Thanks sweety... actually did receive a call back from the boys over in HKSAR... no they do not want to pay what it would take so that option is out and I'm hoping to conclude a deal to take me to Saint Lucia... still think that's a far sight better than dealing with the boys out in Qatar...

If anyone reading this post or my orig questions wants to chip in their penny... please do! Any comments or responses would be most welcome!

TT
Old Jun 28th 2008, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

LucyLock is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am a white lady living in St Lucia in the Marigot area, although I am married and unavailable I do know of some ladies that would fit your criteria
I agree with Lottie Lou the North of the island would probably better suit you as there are lots of places to hang out and meet people. There are some good places to have a beer etc. It is not a place that is really raving though!

I also run a real estate company and can tell you with that budget you will get something very nice - so no worries on the accomodation front. For example an apartment in Marina Village in Marigot Bay would cost you about $1,250 US per month, houses can vary depending on the area.

PM me if you want further details - hope this helps!
Old Jun 28th 2008, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much sweety! Of course so many of you ladies are in fact unavailable... after yesterday's call it looks like a move for me to St Lucia is coming up for me in the next 2 weeks or so... at least now I know there might be SOME one available for a fellow... and it's also very nice to know that there may be a real "home" for me to live and entertain... not some darn condo box on the east coast of china with 4 million others...

Very best regards!

Tiger T
Old Jul 4th 2008, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Islander Girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tigertmoore
Thank you so much sweety! Of course so many of you ladies are in fact unavailable... after yesterday's call it looks like a move for me to St Lucia is coming up for me in the next 2 weeks or so... at least now I know there might be SOME one available for a fellow... and it's also very nice to know that there may be a real "home" for me to live and entertain... not some darn condo box on the east coast of china with 4 million others...

Very best regards!

Tiger T
You have just made my day with your thread. Very funny!

St Lucia is a great place and everyone is very friendly so you will have no problems making friends, be careful though it is a very small place so dont say the wrong thing, if you know what I mean.
When you arrive let us all know and I am sure you will have some company very soon!

I am in real estate so may be able to point you in the right direction re property.

Good luck with everything!