Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

WOW - where did that year go.........

WOW - where did that year go.........

Old Oct 9th 2009, 3:50 pm

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WOW - where did that year go.........

Originally Posted by flower-power
What fantastic and honest threads. I started of in tears reading these and now realising that although having a blip at the moment about whether to come or not it has helped listenig to you all.We made the break 7 years ago to France and know what you mean about the making friends bit!!!
Its been the same here and I now feel that I cant trust anyone and am feeling very lonely. My mum is in really good health for 67 at the moment but although not living in England I know I can be with her within 8 HRS. She says we must do what is right for ourselves. Weve gone through putting our lives on hold for the last 3 years when we applied but now during the recession its making things seem more daunting. I really upset my son the other evening when I said I cant go through with it. Weve had a lot of soul searching since and have agreed that we have come this far so we must do a recce before we finally decide; The hardest part now is knowing where to look. Weve have had holidays in BC and Alberta but I here all you guys and another thread ive read today really enjoying Ontario.
Once again good luck and good health to you all and thanks
i would say go where the work is.............
For whatever reason we was brought to this lovely place, now just over a year later i understand why that was
Having gone through what i have over the last few months it has helped me see that we did the right move for us as a family, i also relise that i have so many true friends left in the uk as well, that shocked me when i went back, as i thought i could count them on a hand, but people do surprise you.........

I hope you find what you are looking for and like before if you want to nag off here feel free to PM me...........
I don't get alot of time these days to come on here, but i am a strong believer in putting back in and helping others do the same as we did, so any help feel free to ask

LB