THREE YEARS......

Old Sep 28th 2013, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all
Default THREE YEARS......

......and very happy in Canada!

Arrived in Halifax three years ago, having bought a home in New Brunswick sight unseen. NB was a temporary location allowing sale of house in UK and relatively easy access to UK if needed. All UK affairs dealt with, moved to BC within first year!

We drove to BC from NB in July 2011 with our (rather large) RV loaded to the gunwhales with our personal "stuff". NB home was unsold but we were confident that soon it would have a new owner! Within 6 weeks, it was sold and so we flew back to NB to pack up the house contents, collect our van and drive back to BC. Two cross- country trips in 6 weeks .....what fun!

We have just recently moved into our third home since arriving in Canada...and are as happy as pigs in muck! This is our final home here.....they will have to drag me out kicking and screaming! We love it.

Sure, I have had to deal with all the normal issues faced by immigrants to this country .... but we just see this as a fact of life...and get on with our life.

We have had some great times here, mixed in with occasional negatives. So, no different from any other country. I'm happy.....and I'm here to stay! In November I shall qualify for citizenship......I'm working on my application already. Shame it takes so long for the process.......but again, that's just life.:-)
Old Sep 28th 2013, 6:26 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THREE YEARS......

Congratulations! Most interesting, and I'm really glad you are so happy.

Just out of interest, why did you stop so briefly in NB, before going to BC? You must have amazing stamina! I'd be on my knees with such a trip...well done
Old Sep 28th 2013, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

Thanks MillieF. NB was always intended to be a temporary location.....just until we had managed to sort out all of our UK affairs. To be fair, I rather liked it there! I loved our property etc ......but the plan was always BC ...and so we moved. I like BC too .....somewhat more expensive to live here, but very nice indeed. We have found our dream home now and so I am a very happy individual
Old Sep 30th 2013, 7:26 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steveh27wp
......and very happy in Canada!
We have just recently moved into our third home since arriving in Canada...and are as happy as pigs in muck! This is our final home here.....they will have to drag me out kicking and screaming! We love it.

We have had some great times here, mixed in with occasional negatives. So, no different from any other country. I'm happy.....and I'm here to stay!
as a long time resident in Canada 46 years, I'm curious about your post as to what you'd find negative about living in Hope BC?

Are there any issues with the natives from the reserve?

And life in general in Hope - is it a sleepy hollow, pleasantville or is there parts of town that folks should not venture near?

All in all, I'm pleased to read your comments & trust you find your lives are fulfilled & soon to be Canuck citizens

best wishes
Old Sep 30th 2013, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hi not2old...I think that perhaps my posting was a little ambiguous! The "here" that I was referring to was Canada....not Hope. To be fair....yes, Hope was a somewhat sleepy little hollow....but I enjoyed my time there. It had it's good and bad points.....and no, not a native thing at all. We have now moved to Chilliwack which, perhaps, has more to offer in the way of what I need!

I'm not wanting to dwell on the annoyances which I am sure we have all experienced......let's just say I love my life here in Canada....and for the love of me can see no possible reason to return to the UK. Canada is my home.....and ever more will be so.

Thanks for your good wishes,
Steve