Ten Years!

Old Dec 18th 2020, 7:17 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ten Years!

Thought I should drop in, ten years of Toronto, and five as a citizen.

Best update the maple leaf folk if any remember me...
Old Dec 18th 2020, 9:33 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ten Years!

Well done, CONGRATS - and good to see you back!!! Did you have any memoriable events over the last 10 years? Do tell!

Old Dec 19th 2020, 2:59 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Well done, CONGRATS - and good to see you back!!! Did you have any memoriable events over the last 10 years? Do tell!
Well, it's been a busy time. An acrimonious divorce... (though itself out to be equitable, the Ontario system is staffed by such incompetence it's as bad as Britain despite the best intentions). But by Grace of God and not my own doing I survived that reasonably well and I'm in the same house.

​And a slight career change (change of focus) due to poor faith by the regulatory body (if I'd known how bad it was I'd have immigrated to BC). And again, by sheer happenstance given the state of my original profession here, that turned out for the better.

So there's been a ton of luck.

My ten year summary? GREAT place to live, mainly because of the people. Pretty mediocre place to work...
Old Dec 19th 2020, 3:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel
Well, it's been a busy time. An acrimonious divorce... (though itself out to be equitable, the Ontario system is staffed by such incompetence it's as bad as Britain despite the best intentions). But by Grace of God and not my own doing I survived that reasonably well and I'm in the same house.

​And a slight career change (change of focus) due to poor faith by the regulatory body (if I'd known how bad it was I'd have immigrated to BC). And again, by sheer happenstance given the state of my original profession here, that turned out for the better.

So there's been a ton of luck.

My ten year summary? GREAT place to live, mainly because of the people. Pretty mediocre place to work...
Sorry to read that but it sounds like you’ve turned your life right around. Good luck and congratulations.
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 1:27 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Yes, peace feels so good!

Cheers & Happy Xmas to the gang

PW
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 2:05 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Who ever you are....
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 2:07 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Nail on the head.

Work is very much a get by thing here.
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Nail on the head.

Work is very much a get by thing here.

Yes I agree too. The Canadian lifestyle is excellent, but work is a totally a get by thing....
Old Jan 2nd 2021, 3:13 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Do I owe you a cocktail? I leave for Timbuktu in the morning..... new job

Originally Posted by JamesM
Congratulations!

Who ever you are....
Old Jan 6th 2021, 7:02 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Do I owe you a cocktail? I leave for Timbuktu in the morning..... new job
Where are you headed??

Your account is in the clear.