British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canniversary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canniversary-103/)
-   -   Ten Years! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canniversary-103/ten-years-936150/)

Pizzawheel Dec 18th 2020 7:17 pm

Ten Years!

Thought I should drop in, ten years of Toronto, and five as a citizen.

Best update the maple leaf folk if any remember me...

Siouxie Dec 18th 2020 9:33 pm

Re: Ten Years!

Well done, CONGRATS - and good to see you back!!! Did you have any memoriable events over the last 10 years? Do tell! :D

Pizzawheel Dec 19th 2020 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Siouxie (Post 12947749)
Well done, CONGRATS - and good to see you back!!! Did you have any memoriable events over the last 10 years? Do tell! :D

Well, it's been a busy time. An acrimonious divorce... (though itself out to be equitable, the Ontario system is staffed by such incompetence it's as bad as Britain despite the best intentions). But by Grace of God and not my own doing I survived that reasonably well and I'm in the same house.

​And a slight career change (change of focus) due to poor faith by the regulatory body (if I'd known how bad it was I'd have immigrated to BC). And again, by sheer happenstance given the state of my original profession here, that turned out for the better.

So there's been a ton of luck.

My ten year summary? GREAT place to live, mainly because of the people. Pretty mediocre place to work...

Jerseygirl Dec 19th 2020 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel (Post 12947885)
Well, it's been a busy time. An acrimonious divorce... (though itself out to be equitable, the Ontario system is staffed by such incompetence it's as bad as Britain despite the best intentions). But by Grace of God and not my own doing I survived that reasonably well and I'm in the same house.

​And a slight career change (change of focus) due to poor faith by the regulatory body (if I'd known how bad it was I'd have immigrated to BC). And again, by sheer happenstance given the state of my original profession here, that turned out for the better.

So there's been a ton of luck.

My ten year summary? GREAT place to live, mainly because of the people. Pretty mediocre place to work...

Sorry to read that but it sounds like you’ve turned your life right around. Good luck and congratulations.

Pizzawheel Dec 23rd 2020 1:27 pm

Yes, peace feels so good!

Cheers & Happy Xmas to the gang

PW

JamesM Dec 23rd 2020 2:05 pm

Congratulations!

Who ever you are....:beer:

JamesM Dec 23rd 2020 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel (Post 12947885)

Nail on the head.

Work is very much a get by thing here.

Paul_Shepherd Dec 23rd 2020 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12949165)
Nail on the head.

Work is very much a get by thing here.

Yes I agree too. The Canadian lifestyle is excellent, but work is a totally a get by thing....

Pizzawheel Jan 2nd 2021 3:13 pm

Do I owe you a cocktail? I leave for Timbuktu in the morning..... new job

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12949163)
Congratulations!

Who ever you are....:beer:

JamesM Jan 6th 2021 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel (Post 12952733)
Do I owe you a cocktail? I leave for Timbuktu in the morning..... new job

Where are you headed??

Your account is in the clear.