Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

One year in Toronto!

One year in Toronto!

Old Jul 29th 2009, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud of
Default Re: One year in Toronto!

Originally Posted by dollface
Hi Riddle and congrats! We have now arrived in Oakville and should meet up with our kids soon. Any excuse to get away from the unpacking and sterile white walls
I know Riddle too, have done lots of splashing with her in the splash pads! Where in Oakville are you? We are the north of the QEW, ( the not so posh part!!). Hope all the unpacking goes well, we have been here five months and have only just finished unpacking boxes!!
I'm sure we will meet at some point if you know The Riddles!
Old Jul 29th 2009, 2:07 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinkkristen
I know Riddle too, have done lots of splashing with her in the splash pads! Where in Oakville are you? We are the north of the QEW, ( the not so posh part!!). Hope all the unpacking goes well, we have been here five months and have only just finished unpacking boxes!!
We're N of the QEW also and Upper Middle - so we're really not posh

Would be lovely to meet you and have the kids splash around! look forward to it.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 2:29 pm
Banned

MMM_TO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by atscmc
Hi MMM_TO,

There's certainly some good restaurants I've been to just North and just South of St Clair/Yonge. Don't know about Summerhill though. St Clair West has lots of cafes/restaurants too. I'm veggie, so usually go downtown to the veggie restaurants - so quick to get there on the TTC.
Thanks for the info. I was veggie in the UK for 3 years and tried to stick it out in Toronto and lasted 6 months. I ate that quorn stuff in the UK but the same here just tastes like cardboard. I've been thinking of going back though so would be interested to know of the Veggie restaurants downtown?

Cheers,

MMM_TO
Old Aug 4th 2009, 10:01 pm

nutgrove is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to ask this very silly question pinkkristen, but are you now living in Oakville or Yorkshire?
Old Aug 4th 2009, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nutgrove
sorry to ask this very silly question pinkkristen, but are you now living in Oakville or Yorkshire?

We are in Oakville, i just haven't changed my location on my status!!
Old Aug 5th 2009, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

the blairs will become famous soon enough

Whats a splash pad

the blairs
Old Aug 5th 2009, 12:52 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the blairs
Whats a splash pad

the blairs
See:-http://images.google.ca/images?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4GGLF_enCA292CA292 &q=splash+pad&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=MIB5SoOJE-Kntgfx_dSWCQ&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&r esnum=4
Old Aug 5th 2009, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

the blairs will become famous soon enough

Fabby !

I can just see one of those where we live Covered in dog sh*t and graffitti !!!

The Blairs
Old Aug 5th 2009, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Whats a splash pad

the blairs
Ha, a splash pad is a fantastic invention! They are areas within parks that have jets and fountains etc with different themes ie ships,dolphins, elephants that spray out of their snoz etc etc!! The kids can push the buttons to turn on (which they love!!). They are free, everywhere and great to cool down on a hot day - parents inc!!
Old Aug 5th 2009, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fabby !

The Blairs
Yes, i must admit i have yet to come across doogy doo doo and graffiti very seldom - even then its probably totally non offensive and something nice and canadian style!!
Old Aug 6th 2009, 6:38 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Fabby !

The Blairs

I hear ya..............not here though!!!
Old Aug 6th 2009, 6:39 pm

Yes, i must admit i have yet to come across doogy doo doo and graffiti very seldom - even then its probably totally non offensive and something nice and canadian style!!

Hope to see you soon at the local splashpads