Reload this Page >

One year in Toronto!

One year in Toronto!

Old Apr 14th 2009, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

atscmc will become famous soon enoughatscmc will become famous soon enough
Default One year in Toronto!

Hi,

Now been in Toronto for a year on an open WP (partner got a job first and moved over before me). Hoping to apply for PR under CEC at the end of the year or early next year after we renew the WPs.

So, have now been through one summer and one winter in Toronto, so I know what I am in for and am an excellent snow shoveller.

I'm a bit of a lurker here, but have found the information so helpful and good to see everyone just about keeping a sense of humour through all the joys of emigrating!

Hi to everyone in Toronto
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

deeb81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: One year in Toronto!

Hi there

Where in Toronto do you live?

I'm moving over in September so currently deciding where to stay
Old Apr 15th 2009, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

I live west of Cedervale Park. It's good for the TTC, shops, the ravine is fantastic, and there are a good range of affordable houses to live in. We bought a small bungalow with basement and are currently renovating it.

We moved from Aberdeen and fortunately managed to sell our house despite the housing crisis, though it took longer than usual.

We initially lived in an apartment near Yonge/St Clair - that was a nice area too.

Best of luck with your move.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:20 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by atscmc
Hi,

Now been in Toronto for a year on an open WP (partner got a job first and moved over before me). Hoping to apply for PR under CEC at the end of the year or early next year after we renew the WPs.

So, have now been through one summer and one winter in Toronto, so I know what I am in for and am an excellent snow shoveller.

I'm a bit of a lurker here, but have found the information so helpful and good to see everyone just about keeping a sense of humour through all the joys of emigrating!

Hi
welcome to BE and congratulations for your first year
Terese
Old Jul 19th 2009, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

laurab84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. We are hoping to be in Toronto by next Christmas. Do you have any advice on where to start the process? On good areas to live ? well any advice really!
Old Jul 19th 2009, 3:17 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laurab84
Hi. We are hoping to be in Toronto by next Christmas. Do you have any advice on where to start the process? On good areas to live ? well any advice really!
For plenty of good info on Toronto living/shopping areas go to:-
http://www.boldts.net/
Old Jul 20th 2009, 1:39 am
Banned

haide12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone!

Now been in Toronto for a year on an open WP. Hoping to apply for PR under CEC at the end of the year or early next year after we renew the WPs.

Old Jul 20th 2009, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by haide12
Hello everyone!

Now been in Toronto for a year on an open WP. Hoping to apply for PR under CEC at the end of the year or early next year after we renew the WPs.

That is so freaky - someone has taken my original post (slightly edited) and posted it as their own, in reply to mine. haide12 - are you a bot? I notice 2 of this person's other postings are cut and paste (and edited) from someone else's postings too.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

kate holt has a brilliant futurekate holt has a brilliant futurekate holt has a brilliant futurekate holt has a brilliant futurekate holt has a brilliant futurekate holt has a brilliant futurekate holt has a brilliant future

That is so freaky - someone has taken my original post (slightly edited) and posted it as their own, in reply to mine. haide12 - are you a bot? I notice 2 of this person's other postings are cut and paste (and edited) from someone else's postings too.
atscmc is offline Add to atscmc's Reputation Report Post
that is def weird its just a duplication - perhaps report to a moderator - bizare!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 5:18 pm
Banned

MMM_TO is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

It will be my 1st year in Toronto in a few weeks. Moved from London but from Scotland too.

Currently living in the high park area of the city but I'm moving shortly to the St-Clair - Avenue area. Really looking forward to it. Seeing as you've lived closer to Yonge what is your experiences of living there? I choose it because I wanted to be closer to downtown and I really liked the leafy look to Forest Hill.

What did you think of the restaurants and bars? Is it worth going down as far as Summerhill? or is there just as good closer to St-Clair - Yonge.

Cheers,

MMM_TO
Old Jul 25th 2009, 1:44 am
Riddle89

riddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant future

Hi all

We have been in the GTA for a year yesterday!!!! Came over with OH and our two girls (then aged 4 and 7) and we all love it, including the winter. Collecting the girls from school and going to play at the local splash pads with numerous other families (expats and Canadians) really adds to the community feeling.

At this point we think it has been the best decision we have made. Our parents have visited and they also agree and although miss us all terribly.

thanks

riddle89
Old Jul 26th 2009, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MMM_TO
Hey,

It will be my 1st year in Toronto in a few weeks. Moved from London but from Scotland too.

Currently living in the high park area of the city but I'm moving shortly to the St-Clair - Avenue area. Really looking forward to it. Seeing as you've lived closer to Yonge what is your experiences of living there? I choose it because I wanted to be closer to downtown and I really liked the leafy look to Forest Hill.

What did you think of the restaurants and bars? Is it worth going down as far as Summerhill? or is there just as good closer to St-Clair - Yonge.

Cheers,

MMM_TO
Hi MMM_TO,

There's certainly some good restaurants I've been to just North and just South of St Clair/Yonge. Don't know about Summerhill though. St Clair West has lots of cafes/restaurants too. I'm veggie, so usually go downtown to the veggie restaurants - so quick to get there on the TTC.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:13 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by riddle89
Hi all

We have been in the GTA for a year yesterday!!!! Came over with OH and our two girls (then aged 4 and 7) and we all love it, including the winter. Collecting the girls from school and going to play at the local splash pads with numerous other families (expats and Canadians) really adds to the community feeling.

At this point we think it has been the best decision we have made. Our parents have visited and they also agree and although miss us all terribly.

thanks

riddle89

Hi Riddle and congrats! We have now arrived in Oakville and should meet up with our kids soon. Any excuse to get away from the unpacking and sterile white walls
Old Jul 29th 2009, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Jukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond repute

Hi we recently Landed and are in Brampton!
Old Jul 29th 2009, 12:39 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jukeboxwidow
Hi we recently Landed and are in Brampton!
So far so good???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.