Almost 5 months

Old Nov 18th 2009, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

elizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant future
Default Re: Almost 5 months

Originally Posted by albertabound
No they didnt. We did manage to retrieve a few more recent ones but my childrens' baby photos are all gone. Luckily my mum and sister have some and we are getting copies done, framed etc.
This was by far the worst thing and then the shitty insurance company trying to swindle us with stupid settlement values. We are still awaiting insurance cheque!!!
Tina
Oh, that's my worst fear. I'm sorry for you. Unbelievable bad luck. Thank goodness for you family. I don't understand how they managed to get into the container - don't they lock them???
Old Nov 18th 2009, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Location: We have bought a beautiful house overlooking a lake in High River!
Tamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant future

No they didnt. We did manage to retrieve a few more recent ones but my childrens' baby photos are all gone. Luckily my mum and sister have some and we are getting copies done, framed etc.
This was by far the worst thing and then the shitty insurance company trying to swindle us with stupid settlement values. We are still awaiting insurance cheque!!!
Tina
Hell we've just done our list of the damage caused in our container because of it not being wrapped properly in the UK, £21,000's worth......the worst thing is some things can't be replaced! We were shipped by The Removal Group.Com and paid for their platinum wrapping service which we obviously didn't get!
Old Nov 18th 2009, 5:25 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Carrie, I have read how you feel and am so sorry. You were getting ready to come to Canada just as I joined the forum and you were so positive. I hope whatever happens now, it gives you the break you deserve.
Tina
Thanks x
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elizabeth_action
Oh, that's my worst fear. I'm sorry for you. Unbelievable bad luck. Thank goodness for you family. I don't understand how they managed to get into the container - don't they lock them???
Lol, oh yes they lock them. They are "sealed" and not open till they get here.
Robbers' bolt cutters did a good job on ours!!!

Tamsin, we had to get quotes for the cost of equivalent items. It was really difficult to find en equivalent of some of our items. Also, we only had 30 days from delivery here to report stolen or damaged items. After that, they were not interested. Mind you, you can see what is broken. I am still "missing" items even now.
Tina
Old Nov 19th 2009, 12:29 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Tina, see you 1:30ish at usual place on Friday! Looking forward to it!
Old Nov 19th 2009, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Tina, see you 1:30ish at usual place on Friday! Looking forward to it!
Me too x
Old Nov 19th 2009, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tamsin8
Hell we've just done our list of the damage caused in our container because of it not being wrapped properly in the UK, £21,000's worth......the worst thing is some things can't be replaced! We were shipped by The Removal Group.Com and paid for their platinum wrapping service which we obviously didn't get!
Sorry to hear that hope you get it sorted money wise, post a new thread so others can be warned about the company ?

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Thanks x
Hi Carrie, sorry your still so unhappy hun, did your trip back help or just make it worse
Old Nov 19th 2009, 7:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ann m;8105804]I hear ya

And I hear you again! Housework, yup - I broke it up last year with some hobby studying!

I don't have time for housework, too busy doing crafts making stuff, Michaels will be my new home when i get there it does help if you have friends that are creative, we have a group and meet up for stitch and bitch just changed the name to sew and tell after one of the children repeated it
Anyone is welcome, should see some of the lovely things we have made

Whats your hobby Ann
Old Nov 19th 2009, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

elizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Coffeepot;8109511]
Originally Posted by ann m
I hear ya

And I hear you again! Housework, yup - I broke it up last year with some hobby studying!

I don't have time for housework, too busy doing crafts making stuff, Michaels will be my new home when i get there it does help if you have friends that are creative, we have a group and meet up for stitch and bitch just changed the name to sew and tell after one of the children repeated it
Anyone is welcome, should see some of the lovely things we have made
Where exactly is Cambs? Is that the UK or Canada? I fancy Sew and Tell if you're local to me, we'll be in Calgary from the end of Feb...
Old Nov 19th 2009, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
and meet up for stitch and bitch

Whats your hobby Ann
Brilliant name!!

I like gardening - so made a bit of a boo boo with Alberta then

I also joined a choir (not churchy, just a singing group) which I really enjoy.

I studied a Master Gardener's Course last year too.

It's actually been great to take some time out, just for me - but I do seek respectable employment again nowadays. So I am currently temping which is actually pretty enjoyable too. We'll see!
Old Nov 19th 2009, 3:01 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=elizabeth_action;8109561]

Where exactly is Cambs? Is that the UK or Canada? I fancy Sew and Tell if you're local to me, we'll be in Calgary from the end of Feb...
Cambs is Cambridgeshire.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Piff Poff;8110270]

Cambs is Cambridgeshire.
That's what I thought but you never know! Where will you be when you get to Canada?
Old Nov 19th 2009, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=elizabeth_action;8109561]

Thats UK as PP says

Originally Posted by ann m
Brilliant name!!

I like gardening - so made a bit of a boo boo with Alberta then

I also joined a choir (not churchy, just a singing group) which I really enjoy.

I studied a Master Gardener's Course last year too.

It's actually been great to take some time out, just for me - but I do seek respectable employment again nowadays. So I am currently temping which is actually pretty enjoyable too. We'll see!
great to have hobbies, especially when the winters are so long ( even gardening in Alberta made me laugh

[QUOTE=Piff Poff;8110270]

Cambs is Cambridgeshire.
Thats the one PP x

[QUOTE=elizabeth_action;8110538]
Originally Posted by Piff Poff

That's what I thought but you never know! Where will you be when you get to Canada?
Probably Ottawa area or NS just depends on work, it is great fun
Old Nov 20th 2009, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Probably Ottawa area or NS just depends on work, it is great fun
No Sew and Tell for me then...
Old Nov 20th 2009, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No Sew and Tell for me then...
We could start a Franchise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.