Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

7 months and loving it

7 months and loving it

Old Jun 5th 2012, 9:42 am
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of
Cool 7 months and loving it

hi everyone, sorry ive not been about for a while but things have been really busy. wow 7 months have flown by it doesnt seem that long ago i was getting on the plane at gatwick anyway, things here in cambridge ontario are going well. the house we rent is lovely and the area is great with fields out the back for dog walks and the dog is having a great time chasing squirrels and the occasional deer although he cant quite work out what a turtle is at the moment. we have made some great friends , funny how 95% of them are brits thoughwe have had a lot of ups and downs, we have had plenty of times when weve thought "what the f@@@ have we done" we have even had moments where we have thought about seeing how much it would cost to go back to england and our heads have often hurt from the amount of times weve been banging it against a brick wall as sometimes thats how it feels trying to sort things out here but also weve had times where we have thought were glad we are here..still no one said it would be easy and were not going to give up that easily. im truck driving and have managed to get a job doing local work so home every night. mrs arniedog has a part time job in a british shop of all places lol. canadians are a strange bunch always telling you "we will have to invite you round for a drink one night" but never do cheese is crap(oh no not cheese again) but canadian bacon and maple syrup make up for it allall in all we are glad were here and having a great time see you soon
Old Jun 5th 2012, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 7 months and loving it

Thanks for the update.

So many folk seem to disappear off the forum once they get on that plane to Canada

I'm wondering how long our rose-tints will last when we get over
Old Jun 6th 2012, 7:38 am
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

Just for future ref how much it costs to cone home is roughly the same as getting out there, flights, dog, shipping oh and your broken heart and tortured soul!!
We landed in dec, and left in feb because we didn't have a choice. dh is back out there now living our dream while I stay here and we are trying to save enough to get back out there and be together.
So please don't even think about coming back to blighty unless it gets really bad there!
I understand the feelings of having no back up, we had one friend and they dropped us for no apparent reason once we got there, ruined Christmas for us and the kids (for which I will never forgive them!) so left with no one we know how alone it can feel.
While it's been lovely having friends and family right round the corner again it's also bought horrible challenges to us and now I'm on my own with three kids while dh is away for at least 3 months which is very hard.
What I'm trying to say is you made it there, you have jobs. Friends and although I don't doubt it's a struggle(wasn't there long enough to miss people much) you can do this and you will be fine.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Great post arniedog, bacon and syrup sound good

TJ wise words, hope you all get back and live the dream
Old Jun 11th 2012, 9:23 am
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of

Hey d & a I'm the rose tints will stay for a while .
Tj....I'm sorry to hear what's happened to you its sad when things like that go on, hopefully it will fly by and it will all be worth it in the end , my fingers are crossed for you and yours. We are giving it a minimum 2 years so we are not giving up quite yet good luck to you.
Thanks g & g where about a in Essex are you , we came from near colchester
Old Jun 13th 2012, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

Reidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arniedog
Hey d & a I'm the rose tints will stay for a while .
Tj....I'm sorry to hear what's happened to you its sad when things like that go on, hopefully it will fly by and it will all be worth it in the end , my fingers are crossed for you and yours. We are giving it a minimum 2 years so we are not giving up quite yet good luck to you.
Thanks g & g where about a in Essex are you , we came from near colchester
Congrats Arniedog, we have just celebrated 2 years and like you when we came we said we would give it 2 years before making any decisions. Well we are still enjoying it and have just bought a house!! Good luck!!
Old Jun 14th 2012, 11:53 am
Here for now

Skimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud of

Arniedog, congratulations! Great post. Hope your future goes well in Canada!