5 Years tomorrow

Old Nov 4th 2013, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

maxinehynes is just really nicemaxinehynes is just really nicemaxinehynes is just really nicemaxinehynes is just really nicemaxinehynes is just really nicemaxinehynes is just really nicemaxinehynes is just really nicemaxinehynes is just really nice
Default 5 Years tomorrow

Hi all,
Well 5 years tomorrow, how time goes quickly.
Lots off ups and downs, but couldn't imagine being in the uk now.
Arrived 2008, two sons 14 & 12, Husband had job to come too, me without job.

Now 5 years on, Husband (Pat) has own business Painting and decorating and is doing well, me i have own business sewing and alterations from home, also doing ok.

Boys Liam now 17 graduated a year early from high school and up and moved to Quebec 4500km to go to school and be with his girlfriend who he met on a school exchange here in B.C. and he couldn't be happier, he has a partime job, school and a girlfriend who he has dated for 2 years.
Son Ciaran now 19, left school and has a couple off jobs, last one working for a firm who makes fire retardant for forest fires and fills the tanks for them, it was seasonal but has now decided he wants to be a firefighter, he walked straight into another job while he is applying for the firefighter jobs.

So that is all the good stuff, bad or should i say not so good, is all the paper work here, we are now applying to become citizens but seems we dont have the paper from when we became PR's, so need that, a form and $30 for each person and 6 months wait, must prove me and husband can speak english, exam and $150 each and test 400 kms away. oh and wait time 25 months after i finally get the other paper back. renew PR card more money and time, and to cap it all need new UK passports $250 each as in a different country.

But life is good, made friends, football all summer, darts in the winter, cheap trips to Vegas, well cheap to get there not once arrived.

So i would say all in all good move for us, and our boys.
Here's to the next 5 years watch this space.
Thanks for reading
Maxine, Pat, Ciaran and Liam once from Northampton now of Kamloops B.C.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

justkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud of
Default Re: 5 Years tomorrow

Sounds like you've done well! Here' stop the next five
Old Nov 8th 2013, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Life sounds as though it's being very kind to you. Congrats!

Not looking forward to the citizenship application but we have another 18 months before we can apply so not worrying about it for the moment!

Congrats once again
Old Nov 21st 2013, 4:20 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I bet you are loving this -22 Kamloops weather right now!
Old Nov 21st 2013, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the 5 years. And all the best for your citizenship application!! We can apply in 12 months Hope your next 5 are as happy and successful as your first 5.

Old Nov 26th 2013, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Vwera is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats! Wish you all the best