Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

3 weeks in and all is good

3 weeks in and all is good

Old Feb 20th 2011, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

Wags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really nice
Default 3 weeks in and all is good

Been here 3 weeks now and have really settled in. We landed in Toronto on 31st Jan, just in time for the snow storm that hit a couple of days later!! Welcome to winters in Canada Our cats even seemed to enjoy the flight over, but haven't ventured outside yet!!
Currently staying with our great friends in Baden, a small town just outside Kitchener. We get the keys to our house next week so can't wait for that.
Have been really busy sorting out cars, insurance etc, and have managed to get a job which is a great relief that it has happened so quickly.
Getting out and about now, the best purchase we have got so far has to be the Satnav!! Looking forward to the rest of our lives here
Old Feb 20th 2011, 4:45 am

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 weeks in and all is good

Originally Posted by Wags18uk
Been here 3 weeks now and have really settled in. We landed in Toronto on 31st Jan, just in time for the snow storm that hit a couple of days later!! Welcome to winters in Canada Our cats even seemed to enjoy the flight over, but haven't ventured outside yet!!
Currently staying with our great friends in Baden, a small town just outside Kitchener. We get the keys to our house next week so can't wait for that.
Have been really busy sorting out cars, insurance etc, and have managed to get a job which is a great relief that it has happened so quickly.
Getting out and about now, the best purchase we have got so far has to be the Satnav!! Looking forward to the rest of our lives here
Glad it's all going well for you. Sounds like you were thrown in at the deep end in so far as the weather was concerned though. Our cat, through her own choice, becomes an indoor cat throughout the winter, only venturing outside in the warmer months. All the best with moving into your own place and hope everything continues to go well for you.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

mrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to all

Congrats on your move. Will you be living in Baden permanently? We are in Cambridge (about 15 mins. from Kitchener - and have been here since June). We absolutely love it here. Have fun getting out and about... there is so much to see right on your doorstep.

My cats tend to be indoors most of the time; although they do sometimes join us in the yard. Many cats are indoor animals in our neighbourhood. I have been told that there is a bylaw in KW Ontario stating that you should not let your cat wander outside of your own boundary - which is pretty bizarre... No one here seems to mind if they do though
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 2:46 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynseyjayne08
Hi I am a new memeber and you seem to know the ins an outs of Canada, Me my husband and 3 year old son wat to mve out to canada, do you know of anyone wanting hairdressers, I have 15 years UK exp my hubby is class c driver, please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi there. Sorry, I don't really know anything about hairdressing or trucking jobs out here. We were lucky that we moved out via the PNP program with my husband's job. I believe there's a trucker's forum on this site - you might get more help and answers on there. All the best.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

Hagar638 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many congrats at the move. My family and I are considering moving to Barrie in the next 18 months. Any good advice?
Old Apr 5th 2011, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Congratulations, Mark!
Old May 30th 2011, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

On-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really nice

Hi Wags18uk, we got here 17th Feb also with a cat, so our timelines are very similar. I would love to hear how you are getting on 3 months in.

H
Old May 30th 2011, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Paulmac is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi very happy to hear your doing well i am seriously thinking about moving me and my family to canada but dont know where i need alot of help how did you go about moving if you dont mind me asking again any help people will be much appreciuated i am a heating engineer/plumber and my partner is a dental nurse and we have a 1 year old son thanks people.