21 years this week

Old Mar 9th 2021, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Cyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond repute
Smile 21 years this week

Feels odd to be saying I'm starting my 3rd decade here in Canada! Feels like yesterday when me and the family boarded a British Airways flight from Heathrow to Toronto back in 2000. We applied for immigration in the innocent pre-911 era and we got our landing papers within 4 months of applying! Since arriving we've stayed around in the southern Ontario/GTA area ever since. In an ideal world I'd have the job market and economy of Toronto set against the spectacular backdrop of the Canadian Rockies - other than Niagara Falls there are no natural wonders to speak of in a relatively flat Ontario. That said, we've been on some amazing road trips around the big country and it is beautiful here.

Our adopted county has been very good to us, and I love the amount of space we get here compared to the UK. Major negatives are 'wind chill' and 'humidex' lol.

I do miss the old country, and in homage I still watch EPL footie games on Sat mornings, continue to spell tyre with a 'y' and write dates in d/m/y format. Still shop for Marmite and Walkers crisps when I can.

Here's the next decade! :-)

C.