Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

2.5 months (oh boy!!)..

2.5 months (oh boy!!)..

Old Feb 18th 2013, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

RubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2.5 months (oh boy!!)..

It's good to hear an upbeat story. Thanks for sharing.

Ruby.
Old Feb 28th 2013, 5:15 am
Collector of Junk!

missieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud of

Thanks everyone... we're having a great time. Well, I had a look around to see what I could do, because of my kids I didn't have much choices. There are a lot of reps here who do home selling, stuff like Sentsy etc., but i'm not into that kind of thing at all. When things were good at home, we all had cleaners, so I did a bit of research and there was no one here doing it. So I've now got about 15 private clients and 4 commercial ones.. which is fab! The kids are in daycare 3 days a week, and I have to work Friday and Saturday nights in the commercial cleaning, but its worth it.. :-) You know that saying "i'd clean toilets if I had to"... well... guess what!!!!!!!
Old Feb 28th 2013, 5:29 am
BE Enthusiast

RubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missieleah
Thanks everyone... we're having a great time. Well, I had a look around to see what I could do, because of my kids I didn't have much choices. There are a lot of reps here who do home selling, stuff like Sentsy etc., but i'm not into that kind of thing at all. When things were good at home, we all had cleaners, so I did a bit of research and there was no one here doing it. So I've now got about 15 private clients and 4 commercial ones.. which is fab! The kids are in daycare 3 days a week, and I have to work Friday and Saturday nights in the commercial cleaning, but its worth it.. :-) You know that saying "i'd clean toilets if I had to"... well... guess what!!!!!!!
That's wonderful.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Boneytoni is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone.. we'll I purged all your knowledge and then disappeared!!

Life in Saskatchewan is somewhat different than I expected, but then I don't know what I expected. For those of you who weren't tormented by my numerous stupid questions about SK, my hubby and I along with our four kids moved to SK in November last year. So we are total newbies!! However, I don't think, even at this stage, that I will ever even contemplate returning. Our eldest turned 6 two weeks ago, so many of you will appreciate the challenges we faced moving our (slightly over average sized family) kids to a new bizarre place without ever even being here. So, we arrived and I guess in a town of 6,000 in rural SW Saskatchewan, where temperatures have varied from +2 to -43, its been a challenge to say the least. I've learnt how to drive in blowing snow, zero visibility, treacherous road conditions (or good/bad winter driving as its referred to), learnt how to dig out my car, learnt how to dig out my kids (actually shovelling snow has become a big part of my life ).

Our rental situation was dreadful so we bought a house, another quarter of a million in debt again... lol.. but we needed somewhere to live! Hubby loves his job and I've started up my own company and put my three youngest into daycare three days a week (is that FREEDOM I hear you screaming from the rooftops!!! - Yes it is).

You know life in Canada is different, food is different, and I think that sometimes Canadians are afraid to laugh - but when you crack them, they're great.

So... i'm sitting in my newly purchased sunroom at 11.12pm (ok its -5 instead of -15 outside and I have an electric heater beside me) and I wouldn't change one little thing about the whole experience (except I would ask that BA could have had the decency not to loose my buggy in Heathrow as I had to carry a 1 year old, hold the hand of a two year old and watch some random hippy hold my two sons hands walking in front of me, take 2 buses and a train in the airport - torture as my hubby was already here :-). However, now it seems like a distant memory and life is good. I've already got over 15 clients and my business is growing day on day. I'm doing something that I would never have done and i'm putting myself out there. Canada is a great place to reinvent yourself and be the person you always knew that you could....

Thanks guys for all your help... long live the good life in Saskatchewan (p.s. I have predicted that spring will start Feb 28 so I'll be very upset when i'm standing outside at the BBQ in -35..
It's good to hear someone enjoying life were due to move out in July we're moving to estevan my husbands already got a job ready and waiting for him to start (printing the newspaper) any advise would be great good luck and keep posting ......
Old Mar 8th 2013, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Theoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really nice

It's great to hear such a positive story and a wonderful attitude. Thanks for sharing.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

great positive story, so glad it is all working out for you.

Old Mar 15th 2013, 7:11 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing like grabbing the bull by the horns and going for it! Brilliant approach to settling in! You get my vote
Old Mar 15th 2013, 7:55 pm
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys for all your help... long live the good life in Saskatchewan (p.s. I have predicted that spring will start Feb 28 so I'll be very upset when i'm standing outside at the BBQ in -35..
Glad to hear everything is going well - with the exception of "spring" of course
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 11:08 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Update, Missleah? I'm guessing she will have dug out all the boots and snowsuits a week ago. This winter should be easier, we had record snowfalls last year. I'm curious if she ever found the white pudding sausage or got the local butcher to make it.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 2:34 pm
Collector of Junk!

missieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud of

Haha... That's too funny cos that's exactly what I did last Sunday!! We're coming up to our 1 year soon, guess I'll have a long blab on that lol
Old Feb 26th 2014, 6:17 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Why are we wai-ting, why-y are we wai-ting?
Nothing worse than someone who won't give a yearly update when they say they're going to! For all we know she's sold the kids to the gypsies and hubby's in quart sealers in the basement and garage.
It actually could be -35 in a week, going to -32 tonight!

Last edited by caretaker; Feb 26th 2014 at 6:19 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 6:18 pm
Collector of Junk!

Originally Posted by caretaker
Why are we wai-ting, why-y are we wai-ting?
Nothing worse than someone who won't give a yearly update when they say they're going to! For all we know she's sold the kids to the gypsies and hubby's in quart sealers in the basement and garage.

MaHAWWAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old Feb 26th 2014, 6:19 pm
Collector of Junk!

MaHAWWAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'll get you one this week!! :-)