1095+ days done!

Old Dec 4th 2010, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice
Smile 1095+ days done!

Hey everyone!

I don't come on here so often anymore but just wanted to give an update as we have been in Canada for just over 3 years and are now eligible to apply for Citizenship. The husband is so keen he has got all the paperwork together, we just need to get the photos sorted!

I am of the understanding that there's about a 12-15 month wait but that should give us enough time to learn some Canadian history and watch more hockey to learn the national anthem!

Our journey to this point seems to have been pretty uneventful. We have a house, a dog, decent jobs, new friends etc. Don't get me wrong, we miss our friends and family from the UK but we just haven't been hit with the homesickness thing. Maybe our move over here was really the right choice for us after all.

Anyway, I hope everyone else's journeys are also going well and I keep my fingers crossed that the waiting will be over sooner rather than later!

Zoé M. xx
Old Dec 6th 2010, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1095+ days done!

Geez, mine must be too: I'd better get organised!
Old Dec 10th 2010, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice

Off to send the Citizenship application forms today - another thing ticked off the list.

Zoé M. x
Old Dec 10th 2010, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

uk4canada will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by zmartin
Off to send the Citizenship application forms today - another thing ticked off the list.

Zoé M. x
Just so as you don't get frustrated. My wife and I applied for our citizenship in Feb 2008. We recieved a letter saying the application was received in about June 2008. Then nothing till June 2010 giving us the dates for out exams, in August 2010. Sat the exams and then in September went for the citizenship ceremony.

This is the federal govenment we are taking about. It does take time. The best thing to do it forget about the application and just go on. They will get to you eventually. The exam is easy if you read the study guide a couple of times in the week prior to the exam.

Congrats on the move, it sounds as though you made the right decision!!!
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Jojojane is an unknown quantity at this point

Post it away. Good luck!
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Flyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really nice

Originally Posted by zmartin
Hey everyone!

I don't come on here so often anymore but just wanted to give an update as we have been in Canada for just over 3 years and are now eligible to apply for Citizenship. The husband is so keen he has got all the paperwork together, we just need to get the photos sorted!

I am of the understanding that there's about a 12-15 month wait but that should give us enough time to learn some Canadian history and watch more hockey to learn the national anthem!

Our journey to this point seems to have been pretty uneventful. We have a house, a dog, decent jobs, new friends etc. Don't get me wrong, we miss our friends and family from the UK but we just haven't been hit with the homesickness thing. Maybe our move over here was really the right choice for us after all.

Anyway, I hope everyone else's journeys are also going well and I keep my fingers crossed that the waiting will be over sooner rather than later!

Zoé M. xx
Random Question alert -

HOW do the government know when you are in (or out) of the country?
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Flyingscottie
Random Question alert -

HOW do the government know when you are in (or out) of the country?
I assume they would be able to check travel movements by your passport.

We have only been out of Canada once when we travelled to Seattle for 2 nights but obviously we had to cross the border which meant using passports.

Zoé M. x
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Tempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really nice

Congratulations, always nice to hear a good news story. We've only been in Vancouver 3.5 weeks now but have to say we are loving it. Sure when hubby starts work on Tuesday and I resume the search for a job it will start to be a bit different!

Had a nosey at your blog and loved it! My mother in law has a siberian husky very similar to yours back home, sure your one is enjoying the big open spaces we have here though!
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tempest
Had a nosey at your blog and loved it! My mother in law has a siberian husky very similar to yours back home, sure your one is enjoying the big open spaces we have here though!
Thanks for the feedback on our site.

And, yes, Nixon had great fun running round in the snow today!

Good luck on the job hunt.

Zoé M. x
Old Feb 18th 2011, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

So we just got our acknowledgement letter back today. No time lines but at least it's been received!

Now just for the waiting ... again!

Zoé M.