Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

10 years and going back

10 years and going back

Old Oct 2nd 2013, 5:07 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default 10 years and going back

Well the time has come to pack things up and move on.

Recently (well over the last couple of years) whilst looking at alternative employment opportunities on-line it started to become abundantly clear that as the big companies globalize and they rationalize their businesses, that they’re not putting their centers of excellence in Canada..

So if my world it looks like there is a serious risk that in the future some time we’ll consolidate with another large organization of similar nature, I’m pretty sure it’s unlikely they’ll keep a development department in Canada and would most likely move it or parts of it into the US..

Do I want to live in the US……. Nope !!
Do I fancy being un-employed in Canada….. Nope !!

No matter how fancy and nice my Escarpment property is… you can’t eat the scenery

So it’s time to sell up and move back to Europe
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 5:28 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 10 years and going back

Is this something that sits well with you or have you just had to come to terms with it?

It's really interesting where life can take us, good luck wherever you end up, I hope you will be happy.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 5:56 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Is this something that sits well with you or have you just had to come to terms with it?

It's really interesting where life can take us, good luck wherever you end up, I hope you will be happy.
No regrets other than having to sell a rather pretty country home

Followed the work here, and will follow it where ever it goes
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 10:05 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

good luck !
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 12:42 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeUK

Thats a really good place to be, and just because the house is pretty, doesn't mean it will be your happiest house
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

That's how we came here and that's how we'll move on if need be in the future.

Good luck wherever you end up
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 8:15 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Really sorry to hear that but I hope that life will continue to be an adventure that you enjoy.

If you got your Citizenship you can always come back later or to retire.

Best of luck where ever you end up!

Old Oct 4th 2013, 5:39 pm
Part Time Poster

Originally Posted by Siouxie
If you got your Citizenship you can always come back later or to retire.
Yep got the citizenship

Somehow I don’t see myself coming back to retire, I mean it’s not like Canadians retire in Canada by choice if they can retire somewhere warmer..

However I do see myself visiting and holidaying here
Old Oct 5th 2013, 3:34 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie

If you got your Citizenship you can always come back later to retire.
Siouxie, I have no idea how old you are, but anyone who came back to Canada to retire would be certifiably insane.
Old Oct 5th 2013, 5:06 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Siouxie, I have no idea how old you are, but anyone who came back to Canada to retire would be certifiably insane.
Old enough to know better, young enough to remember, lol.

I actually said "you can always come back later or to retire"

Old Oct 5th 2013, 1:01 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

So it’s time to sell up and move back to Europe
Do you know where you are off to yet ?
Old Oct 7th 2013, 1:56 pm
Part Time Poster

Originally Posted by Shard
Do you know where you are off to yet ?
yepp

UK based office but supporting operations across Europe

Bournville
Old Oct 7th 2013, 2:15 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

yepp

UK based office but supporting operations across Europe

Bournville
Sounds good. And you've even missed the UK recession.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 2:59 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

I rarely come in the Canniversary section as it smells like Facebook. But best of luck Mike.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 6:21 pm
Part Time Poster

Originally Posted by Tangram
I rarely come in the Canniversary section as it smells like Facebook. But best of luck Mike.
Thanks

Never though of this part of the forum as facebooky, sad sometimes pathetic others but now you mention it, it is rather narcissistic,

look how good its been, look at me, i've been here a whole week/month/year/lifetime

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.