Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Zoom ceases operation 1800 today.

Zoom ceases operation 1800 today.

Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of
Default Re: Zoom ceases operation 1800 today.

ive noticed that the canadian affair web site is down,proberly too many people trying to get flights, i guess now have to try and book flights elswhere
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Spongebob has a spectacular aura aboutSpongebob has a spectacular aura aboutSpongebob has a spectacular aura about

We had booked to go back to UK at Christmas... First family Christmas in 8 years. Wife in tears...
Paid by credit card, but have paid off the balance already - does anyone know if cc would still pay back?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:30 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams
ive noticed that the canadian affair web site is down,proberly too many people trying to get flights, i guess now have to try and book flights elswhere
Its just slow I think. I havent booked but I have got dates/prices/flights up
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Spongebob
We had booked to go back to UK at Christmas... First family Christmas in 8 years. Wife in tears...
Paid by credit card, but have paid off the balance already - does anyone know if cc would still pay back?
How long ago did you book / pay
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:38 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, mother and sister most likely not coming in three days now. Air Transat etc getting booked up. Flying from Belfast so not many options.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Spongebob has a spectacular aura aboutSpongebob has a spectacular aura aboutSpongebob has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by AndyBCbound
How long ago did you book / pay
A couple of months ago now - when they had a 10% sale on.. Should have seen it coming - a family member is sick, so wanted to make sure we got back for Xmas...
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:25 pm
mzp
Forum Regular

mzp will become famous soon enoughmzp will become famous soon enough

and we're one of the ones affected. we booked on tuesday night with them.
i've had to call credit card company - but they wont deal with the dispute until tomorrow between 8am and 6pm...
we've just booked with air transat now... at a cost of 1258 for the 3 of us.
i've had to get my cc limit increased to deal with this extra charge. flipping heck...

cant believe they were taking bookings right up until the last minute. i was on their web site this morning and they were still taking bookings. shower of bar stewards.
feel so sorry for the stranded people and the ones who wont get their money back.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

A couple of months ago now - when they had a 10% sale on.. Should have seen it coming - a family member is sick, so wanted to make sure we got back for Xmas...
It will make no diffrence,tell them you want to put a payment into dispute,they will then ask you why, tell them, and its plain sailing from there. Just 2 weeks ago i had to do it with Amex,they froze the payment while they made there inquires, which means you do not have to pay the bill or any interest. If you have allready paid your statement off, its still just as easy but you will have to wait 30 days for the money to be refunded back to your account. I've done this a few times in the past, any question just ask
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Sockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant future

I was hoping to get back to the UK in the next couple of days for a funeral, bloody typical as we've got our return flights still with Zoom from when we moved out here last September.

Anyone know if your credit card still covers you for a flight that you've used half of?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sockdogg
I was hoping to get back to the UK in the next couple of days for a funeral, bloody typical as we've got our return flights still with Zoom from when we moved out here last September.

Anyone know if your credit card still covers you for a flight that you've used half of?
In theroy they are not delivering the service you paid for, so yes, dont tell them you are resident in canada though, they may effect it
Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:05 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - you should get your money back. Timing will depended on your credit card company. Call them now and explain whats happened.

Unfortunately I paid via debit card - unlikely to see any of that money again....
Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

littlsm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
For those rebooking, BA has a seat sale for:

Toronto, Montreal: 1st Sep 08 to 30 June 09 - between £329 & £349 return (not including xmas and easter)

Calgary, Vancouver: 1st Oct 08 to 31 May 09 - between £419 and £449 return (not including xmas and easter)

These are pretty good fares for BA.

I can't get onto the UK Air Canada website because my pc is cr4p but they usually have a seat sale around the same time of year as BA.

Also, if you are stranded in Vancouver, a cheaper alternative may be to fly from Seattle which is only a couple of hours on the bus.

Good luck to those rebooking

Flossie
Just checked the BA website. One way Heathrow to Calgary for me and the wife....£4,414.40 FFS!!!!!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:21 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlsm
Just checked the BA website. One way Heathrow to Calgary for me and the wife....£4,414.40 FFS!!!!!
Go for a return and just chuck the return portion away - should bring down the price considerably.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:22 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlsm
Ouch
Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

bluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nice

What a shower of s**t!!

I got phone call on Sunday asking me to reschedule a "cancelled" flight or I could have a full refund....why did they give me a choice?? They should have offered the refund only:curse:
Yes that's right....guess which option I picked!!

Never claimed money back on a cc before, does anyone know how long it takes, we were supposed to be flying in 7 weeks.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.