-Zellers +

Old Jul 10th 2008, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

McNicoll family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: -Zellers +

On our recce I nipped into the Zellers in West Ed Mall and thought it just like an old fashioned Woolworths.

The guy at the till did not speak at all until someone he clearly knew came over and then he managed a few words, up to that point he was a surly teen!

I was not impressed with it at all and would certainly avoid it like the plague if and when I get to live in Canada.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 6:45 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

No ones mentioned the delights of Value Village yet.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 7:14 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Thats because there are none Stewart
Old Jul 10th 2008, 7:40 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

That indescribable smell when you walk in
Old Jul 10th 2008, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
Are they not an ethical recycling business like oxfam?
Old Jul 11th 2008, 12:05 am
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by London-England-Lads
Are they not an ethical recycling business like oxfam?
Dont tarnish the good name of VV boutique by mentioning Oxfam in the same breath!

Next you will be doing the unthinkable and slagging off GT Boutique
Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:13 am
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikey B
Dont tarnish the good name of VV boutique by mentioning Oxfam in the same breath!

Next you will be doing the unthinkable and slagging off GT Boutique
Ah Value Village...........come buy some dead people`s clothes
Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:20 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by McNicoll family

I was not impressed with it at all and would certainly avoid it like the plague if and when I get to live in Canada.
It will tempt you in.....you won't be able to resist....you will become addicted....
Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:23 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
I VV. You just have to know which one to go to - here in Ottawa there are quite a few, with so-so selection, but last year they opened one in Cornwall, and they have great outdoors stuff (which is what I'm looking for most of the time), and good prices as well.

In my livingroom I have two great armchairs and an old sewing machine table - all from VV - and to the total cost of $25.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikey B
GT Boutique
¿Qué?
Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:46 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brownstar
M&S - not that I've discovered yet, Sears is like Debenhams and The Bay is House of Fraser
IMHO
Sears = C&A with housewares
The Bay = John Lewis (trying to be Frasers but just not making it)
Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:14 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iaink
Future Shop and Best Buy are actually owned by the same parent company..you wont often find them competing against each other.
The two seem almost identical. It Gatineau they are practically next door to each other. The main difference, supposedly, is that staff in Future Shop are on commission and those in Best Buy are not. The latter group are very quick to point this out, just before they launch into a heavy-duty pitch on extended warranties etc.

That being said, I have always found the staff in both to be very helpful, attentive and knowledgeable.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
IMHO
Sears = C&A with housewares
The Bay = John Lewis (trying to be Frasers but just not making it)
Does that mean you rate Frasers above John Lewis? I would have about 20yrs ago but not now.

I'd say Sears was BHS
Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:28 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Does that mean you rate Frasers above John Lewis? I would have about 20yrs ago but not now.

I'd say Sears was BHS
I was amazed when I went into a BHS a couple of years back, after a gap of several decades. What a difference!!!!!!
Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:31 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
The two seem almost identical. It Gatineau they are practically next door to each other. The main difference, supposedly, is that staff in Future Shop are on commission and those in Best Buy are not. The latter group are very quick to point this out, just before they launch into a heavy-duty pitch on extended warranties etc.

That being said, I have always found the staff in both to be very helpful, attentive and knowledgeable.
I was told by staff here at future shop that they only get commission on the extended warranty sales, not the goods themselves....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.