Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Your experience in Toronto.............

Your experience in Toronto.............

Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:14 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your experience in Toronto.............

Originally Posted by bodgerx
Errr.. have you set your profile up to ignore dbd33's posts?
In Toronto one can eat the food of almost any country and have it served by a native of that country. You can buy almost any form of cooking ingredient in Toronto. There, that's good things said about Toronto.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
In Toronto one can eat the food of almost any country and have it served by a native of that country. You can buy almost any form of cooking ingredient in Toronto. There, that's good things said about Toronto.
In Toronto you can live your whole life and manage to avoid those who were born and bred there...the dreaded non-hyphenated.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Essex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really nice

Toronto is my favorite city. Really it is the only place I want to live.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:33 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Essex_Man
Toronto is my favorite city. Really it is the only place I want to live.
What would you say differentiates it from Chicago?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:34 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

What would you say differentiates it from Chicago?
Chicago has a Hockey Team and Toronto doesnt?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:40 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Chicago has a Hockey Team and Toronto doesnt?
That I don't know. I haven't heard anything about ice hockey for years.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Essex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really nice

What would you say ?
The people. America cities feel so complete different. Not everyone is armed in TO. I found with most American cities there is underlining sense of fear of crime and you got to be a lot more careful of your surroundings. American police are heavy too. Toronto is one of the safest big cites in the world.

Last edited by Essex_Man; Jun 18th 2009 at 5:02 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:03 pm
Assimilated Pauper

The people. America cities feel so complete different. Not everyone is armed. I found with most American cities there is underlining sense of fear of crime and you got to be a lot more careful of your surroundings. Toronto is one of the safest big cites in the world.
Ah, the great British fear of America. I hope you realise that more people per capita are armed in Canada and that Americans walking around in American cities don't have that underlining sense of fear of crime.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ah, the great British fear of America. I hope you realise that more people per capita are armed in Canada and that Americans walking around in American cities don't have that underlining sense of fear of crime.
I have no fear. Just amusement. I've done lot of shows all over America. I seen some wild things over 5 years of traveling in the states. But saying America and Canada are one and the same is complete wrong. Canada has quietness that the states doesn't have.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:26 pm
Assimilated Pauper

But saying America and Canada are one and the same is complete wrong.
I didn't say that. I do say that specific locations in the US and specific locations in Canada are as close to being identical as two places ever could be. Naperville IL, Richardson TX, Mississauga ON, Pickering ON, King of Prussia PA, if you couldn't see car license plates you couldn't guess which one you were in.

Oh, and two posts ago you had an underlining sense of fear.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

I didn't say that. I do say that specific locations in the US and specific locations in Canada are as close to being identical as two places ever could be. Naperville IL, Richardson TX, Mississauga ON, Pickering ON, King of Prussia PA, if you couldn't see car license plates you couldn't guess which one you were in.

Oh, and two posts ago you had an underlining sense of fear.
I could. America is lot more crowded that the first thing I notice. I meant Americans have underlining sense of fear and when you there you take a lot more notice of your surroundings. I did not mean me LOL. You'd be surprised at how jumpy people are when you talk to people and asked for directions etc. I got nick once for walking back to my hotel they said it was far to dangerous to walk back to my hotel in LA. I was enjoy the walk too....That never happens in Canada.

Last edited by Essex_Man; Jun 18th 2009 at 5:36 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:35 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

I could. America is lot more crowded that the first thing I notice. I meant Americans have underlining sense of fear and when they you take a lot more notice of your surroundings. Not me LOL. You'd be surprised at how jumpy people are when you talk to people and asked for directions etc. I got nick once for walking back to my hotel they said it was far to dangerous to walk back to my hotel in LA. I was enjoy the walk too....That never happens in Canada.
You're not familiar with Jane and Finch are you??
Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:41 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I meant Americans have underlining sense of fear and when you there you take a lot more notice of your surroundings. I did not mean me LOL.
How do you know that other people in a street are scared when you are not?

You'd be surprised at how jumpy people are when you talk to people and asked for directions etc.
I don't find that but then, when clothed, I don't frighten people in Canada, in England, anywhere really. Do you look fierce?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:42 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

I could. America is lot more crowded that the first thing I notice.
Calgary population approx 1.1 million
Houston population approx 2.2 million

I didnt NOTICE that Houston was more crowded than Calgary (at a rate of two to one) in fact much of it APPEARED less crowded than Calgary.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dollface
You're not familiar with Jane and Finch are you??
Oh yes of course. But its youths killing youths even Scarborough dicey. You still wander around with a single issue tho. Occasional members of the public get caught in the cross fire. That only been over the last 6 years gun crimes have increased. But I know of places in American cities where you will be rob instantly and mostly likely injured in the process. Traffic lights are decoration. Toronto is safe. Safer than most cities in the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.