Youngsters

Old Oct 5th 2004, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

Fill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Youngsters

Has anyone moved to Canada while they have been in their early twenties and if so what were there experiences?

I was just wondering because it seems that the majority of people who emigrate tend to be in their mid thirties, married with 2.4 kids.

No offence
Old Oct 5th 2004, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Youngsters

Originally Posted by Fill
Has anyone moved to Canada while they have been in their early twenties and if so what were there experiences?

I was just wondering because it seems that the majority of people who emigrate tend to be in their mid thirties, married with 2.4 kids.

No offence
That's because the age limit to emigrate to Canada is 35 especially if you coming from the UK....after 35 you're considered a senior citizen...........
Old Oct 5th 2004, 10:41 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

It's true.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonny is an unknown quantity at this point

No offence
Me and the wife are off as soon as we get my visa, hopefully by Xmas. I'm 28 and she's 25. But she's a Canadian citizen anyway, so knows what to expect...
Old Oct 5th 2004, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Interested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant future

I'm in my early twenties, I know what you mean about this place being full of people with kids!!

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

What kind of experiences do you want to know about?
Old Oct 6th 2004, 12:09 am
Just going for Holidays

liftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by willmore
That's because the age limit to emigrate to Canada is 35 especially if you coming from the UK....after 35 you're considered a senior citizen...........
The age limit for maximum points is not 35, it's 49!

Time for the oldies
Old Oct 6th 2004, 12:19 am
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all

I came to Canada when I was... 18. Never having lived in the "west", it was a bit difficult at first, in terms of getting used to the way people acted, and the way I was "expected" to act. Other than that, it was OK. I never did attend high school here, so I don't know what it was like to make that transition. I had my transition from high school to university between 2 countries, and not having had any university experience where I came from (because well, I started my first year of univ in Canada), I wouldn't know what it would've been like in other countries, so I have no experiences to share in that respect either.. But it was a bit difficult to 'make friends' at university, and I suspect it was due to the transition, and being a bit "lost"... I started school only a week after I had moved here, so I didn't really get the chance to adapt to the country and the people. :scared:

Hmm.. I don't know what else to say.. any particular questions? Might help steer our thoughts in the right direction.
Old Oct 6th 2004, 1:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by liftman
The age limit for maximum points is not 35, it's 49!

Time for the oldies
You mean like "oldies but goldies" music......of the 50, 60 and 70???
Old Oct 6th 2004, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

torticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant future

No offence

Hey Fill

The wife and have moved here early 2004, we are in our early thirties but have no kids (yet) and act like we are still in our twenties so feel free to PM me with any specific questions you may have.
Old Oct 6th 2004, 2:20 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by torticat
Hey Fill

The wife and have moved here early 2004, we are in our early thirties but have no kids (yet) and act like we are still in our twenties so feel free to PM me with any specific questions you may have.
I'm in my early 30's and don't have kids.... does this help you
Old Oct 6th 2004, 2:41 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

No offence
I was in my mid twenties and single when I came over. Since then I married a canadian girl and am in the latter category, but 1.4 children light, although maybe the cats make up the difference!

IIRC fashion and music scene were a little different, but there was lots of stuff for singles to do. You just adapt to the differences I guess. Not really much that correlates to a UK pub here though.

Iain
Old Oct 6th 2004, 3:14 pm
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

Perhaps the reason most folks go when they are that bit older, and married, is that it boosts their point scores. Counting a spouse's scores, but still only having to beat 67 makes it a bit easier I imagine. Being only 25, I've had to wait until this summer to get more points in the employment section where it asks now long have you been working. That said I'm now on 67points exactly so I should get the ball rolling ASAP.

Simon
Old Oct 6th 2004, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

another reason is maybe once a parent you realise what an expensive shit-tip this country is turning into and the protective tendencies kick in. i don't want my kids growing up here, so am emigrating with the babymaking machine before getting bogged down in nappies!! :scared:
Old Oct 6th 2004, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by owen
another reason is maybe once a parent you realise what an expensive shit-tip this country is turning into and the protective tendencies kick in. i don't want my kids growing up here, so am emigrating with the babymaking machine before getting bogged down in nappies!! :scared:
Is that how you define your partner - as a "baby-making machine"???? Is she aware of this
Old Oct 6th 2004, 6:46 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Originally Posted by willmore
Is that how you define your partner - as a "baby-making machine"???? Is she aware of this
Perhaps he is referring to somethign else?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.