Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

You guys live in some lovely places !

You guys live in some lovely places !

Old Aug 29th 2012, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

alidew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default You guys live in some lovely places !

OK so since we don't have jobs to go to yet and are still researching, when any of you regulars mention a place in Canada, I admit I have a good old Google nosey at the town website, images, etc.

Can I just say you lot live in some *gorgeous* places ! Lucky people - hope to join you in the not-too-distant future !
Old Aug 29th 2012, 12:30 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You guys live in some lovely places !

Originally Posted by alidew
OK so since we don't have jobs to go to yet and are still researching, when any of you regulars mention a place in Canada, I admit I have a good old Google nosey at the town website, images, etc.

Can I just say you lot live in some *gorgeous* places ! Lucky people - hope to join you in the not-too-distant future !
Abernethy, from a swift google, doesn't look to be too shabby either?

Old Aug 29th 2012, 12:35 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Abernethy, from a swift google, doesn't look to be too shabby either?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zRxTdt4zP7...irk%2BWynd.jpg
I did the same. Lol

Also found a town in Regina with same name.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

alidew is an unknown quantity at this point

Abernethy is a very sweet little village and Perthshire has a lot to offer, except career progression for my OH. And the snow isn't too reliable either (I love xc skiing).
Old Aug 29th 2012, 12:57 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Not really.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 1:20 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Every day as I drive home I reach this point in the road and I am reminded of how lucky I have been.

Old Aug 29th 2012, 1:44 pm
Cheesy Grin :-)

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by iaink
Every day as I drive home I reach this point in the road and I am reminded of how lucky I have been.

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/d...7Oct05_035.jpg
We're in the GTA; did a road trip to Ottawa last week with a stopover in Bancroft. Did a whistle-stop tour of Ottawa city and stayed by White Lake too....all I can say is HOW BEAUTIFUL that part of the country is. i thought of you Iaink as we passed through because I noticed you're in Quinte Region....you're a lucky chap! After my previous post re. disappointment after visiting Niagara, my faith has been restored. The autumn leaves are just on the turn, it must be a magical sight when they're all in full colour. Algonquin....fabulous. Saw a red squirrel carrying a hugh mushroom up a tree! Completely cute as a button! A truly wonderful area so yes, that whole area gets my vote!
Old Aug 29th 2012, 2:09 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dotty P
We're in the GTA; did a road trip to Ottawa last week with a stopover in Bancroft. Did a whistle-stop tour of Ottawa city and stayed by White Lake too....all I can say is HOW BEAUTIFUL that part of the country is. i thought of you Iaink as we passed through because I noticed you're in Quinte Region....you're a lucky chap! After my previous post re. disappointment after visiting Niagara, my faith has been restored. The autumn leaves are just on the turn, it must be a magical sight when they're all in full colour. Algonquin....fabulous. Saw a red squirrel carrying a hugh mushroom up a tree! Completely cute as a button! A truly wonderful area so yes, that whole area gets my vote!
You don't have to go that far, you know. When the leaves turn drive up Airport Road from Toronto, go past H89 then left at Mansfield on 10/17, right on the 124/10, pick up River Road in Horning's Mills and follow it/sideroad 20 back to Airport Road. If you're confident in knowing the width of your car try Centre Road. Lotsa scenery, lotsa leaves, half a day. If you've more time Beaver Valley Road (Grey 13) north from Kimberley is very attractive in a leafy Autumnal kinda of a way. Mind, so's the Riverdale zoo and surrounding streets. It's just the bit of the GTA that's outside Bloor/DVP/lake/Bathurst that's a bit shit.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 2:30 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Get the same warm fuzzy feeling when we walk the pooch along the lake shore. Or when sitting having supper at Frenchmans bay.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
It's just the bit of the GTA that's outside Bloor/DVP/lake/Bathurst that's a bit shit.
So most of it then? I don't think people in areas like The Annex, The Beach(es), Rosedale, Lawrence Park, Forest Hill, etc. would agree with that assessment.

Last edited by MarylandNed; Aug 29th 2012 at 2:48 pm.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 2:48 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
So most of it then? I don't think people in areas like The Annex, The Beach(es), Rosedale, Lawrence Park, etc. would agree with that assessment.
Yes, most of it.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 2:54 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/d...7Oct05_035.jpg
Lucky to have remembered where your brakes are?

Stopping where you stop is probably a good idea.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 2:54 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

I find so much of Nova Scotia to be very pretty. Some of the houses in Halifax are gorgeous. I drive past plenty of lakes on my way in to work and when I reach the crest of the 102 before dipping down towards Halifax I see the Bay and islands spread out before me.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Yes, most of it.
So you're including The Annex, The Beach(es), Rosedale, Lawrence Park, and Forest Hill in the "shit" bit?
Old Aug 29th 2012, 3:15 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose the God built bits are not bad but the human built bits mostly make the place an ugly shit hole.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.