Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

yeh what I said was true (why oh why)

yeh what I said was true (why oh why)

Old Dec 13th 2006, 1:41 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: kate white

Originally Posted by Madmac
Going to Canada is as simple as buying a plane ticket. Choosing between 32 different types of Timmies doughnuts is much more difficult however.
Yeah under the pressure of 'what sort of Donut do you want?' and the long queue behind me I usually default to 'Boston Creme'. I think I'm missing out on a world of sugar and fat filled pleasures......
Old Dec 13th 2006, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Yeah under the pressure of 'what sort of Donut do you want?' and the long queue behind me I usually default to 'Boston Creme'. I think I'm missing out on a world of sugar and fat filled pleasures......
But Boston Creme is the best anyway!
Old Dec 13th 2006, 2:29 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adele
But Boston Creme is the best anyway!
Have to strongly disagree and say that it is similar in texture, construction and (I have to guess on this one) taste to a giant zit!

I'd rather eat caulk.........and have............on several occasions.

Apple fritters, Dutchies, plain old-fashioned = good
Boston Creme, Double chocolate (aye right - that's chocolate ), green+brown one?? = bad
Old Dec 13th 2006, 2:41 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madmac
Going to Canada is as simple as buying a plane ticket. Choosing between 32 different types of Timmies doughnuts is much more difficult however.
First time we all came over as a family, we went to Timmies and asked for coffees ...... ok ...... about 10 minutes later we'd all decided what type of coffees we were having, then we wanted donuts ..... omg ..... I ended up muttering apologies as the line-up curled out of the door and up the street ....... but nobody seemed to bothered except us!
Old Dec 13th 2006, 2:44 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: yeh what I said was true (why oh why)

a large dd and a whole box of 20 sour cream glaze timbits. that would be the last meal of a condemned woman
Old Dec 13th 2006, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

OMG. So many donuts, so little time.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 3:28 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I ****ing loath people who eat donuts. All that analysis while they ask for one of these and two of those and, no wait, put the first one back, maybe three brown timbits and two white ones. Dither, dither. I used to wish they'd drop dead in the store but they're invariably so wide and heavy that climbing over their corpses would be another cause of delay.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 3:30 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
First time we all came over as a family, we went to Timmies and asked for coffees ...... ok ...... about 10 minutes later we'd all decided what type of coffees we were having, then we wanted donuts ..... omg ..... I ended up muttering apologies as the line-up curled out of the door and up the street ....... but nobody seemed to bothered except us!
Exactly the sort of behaviour that would justify a customer going postal.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 3:46 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I ****ing loath people who eat donuts. All that analysis while they ask for one of these and two of those and, no wait, put the first one back, maybe three brown timbits and two white ones. Dither, dither. I used to wish they'd drop dead in the store but they're invariably so wide and heavy that climbing over their corpses would be another cause of delay.
By the sound of it you hate people who are picky about their donuts.

I eat donuts...but only after someone else has picked them and bought them to work. It would be irrational to hate innocent consumers of free donuts...not that rational seems to count for much in your world.

Im not picky, I've never met a donut I didnt like. I tend to favour sour cream glazed or walnut /cherry sticks. I used to go for the apple fritters, but they have got so small its not worth the bother.

Hope your medication kicks in soon!
Old Dec 13th 2006, 3:55 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by iaink
By the sound of it you hate people who are picky about their donuts.
Oh quite. People who just take whatever donuts are thrown across the counter and stuff them into their mighty maws are aesthetically displeasing but they're less of a bother. The problem is that they're the minority, most people in a donut shop seem to regard being there as a social event rather than just a way to bloat as much as possible as quickly as possible. I suppose they go from the donut shop to cluttering their local Curves.

Last edited by dbd33; Dec 13th 2006 at 3:58 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 3:57 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

People who just take whatever donuts are thrown across the counter and stuff them into their mighty maws are aesthetically displeasing but they're less of a bother.
And there are so many of us
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:00 pm
Assimilated Pauper

And there are so many of us
I don't think so. I think lots of people want to choose and then we all get held up because the customers don't share a language with the donut shop staff.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:03 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

I don't think so. I think lots of people want to choose and then we all get held up because the customers don't share a language with the donut shop staff.
LOL! No , North America, its full of aesthetically displeasing fast food munching desk ridden fat bastards

I wasnt when I came here, but my doctor tells me I'm now "morbidly obese" Hurrah!
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:10 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

I wasnt when I came here, but my doctor tells me I'm now "morbidly obese" Hurrah!
So now you are "Canadian".

It's got nothing to do with citizenship and all that palaver.

It's all about Timmie's and donuts and being "morbidly obese".

Just don't get to my stage.

Cheers
Steve
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Investor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud of

Well if anyone is even remotely interested it's Horton's fruit explosion muffins for me. Can't stand donuts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.