Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Yay! it snowed in Manchester!

Yay! it snowed in Manchester!

Old Nov 26th 2005, 10:12 pm
..and Family

Cadey is a jewel in the roughCadey is a jewel in the roughCadey is a jewel in the roughCadey is a jewel in the rough
Default Yay! it snowed in Manchester!

Whoopee! we had a massive snowfall today! My car got dotted with snow, in fact there were probably as many as 15 dots of snow per square inch after the marathon 10 minute blizzard ended!
Also it's freezing, well 2'c anyway. They say we are in for the worst winter in 10 years!
Brrr, expect the roads to grind to a halt any minute....
Old Nov 26th 2005, 10:16 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yay! it snowed in Manchester!

Originally Posted by Cadey
Whoopee! we had a massive snowfall today! My car got dotted with snow, in fact there were probably as many as 15 dots of snow per square inch after the marathon 10 minute blizzard ended!
Also it's freezing, well 2'c anyway. They say we are in for the worst winter in 10 years!

...manchester, england?
Old Nov 26th 2005, 10:22 pm
..and Family

Cadey is a jewel in the roughCadey is a jewel in the roughCadey is a jewel in the roughCadey is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
...manchester, england?
Is there another one? lol
Old Nov 26th 2005, 10:55 pm
Banned

Brodie will become famous soon enough

Is there another one? lol
Worst winter for 10 years? I heard it was going to be the worst winter since the 60s
Old Nov 26th 2005, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brodie
Worst winter for 10 years? I heard it was going to be the worst winter since the 60s
I read that too, and even read that there is such a gas shortage that they may hav to cut down to a three day work week! but i think that was a little exagerated. the snow missed my dad and brother in Essex but i bet it hit my nan and mum on there biddy bus holiday to blackpool this weekend poor dears!

But I ask everyone in England to refrain from complaining about how cold it is until it hits -35 with the windchill and the snow whips so hard against your face your cheeks feel like there going to fall off!!! LOL

Least you must feel like your in Canada a bit more, LOL we got about 7 cm here in Toronto over the last couple of days.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

bombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of light
Cool Re: Yay! it snowed in Manchester!

Wow, Where are you in God's finest land?
Our relatives in Bury mentioned that it had passed them by on the webcam today.
Seeing this I suddenly got a craving for a pint of Joey Holts !!!!!!!!

We had a drop on Thursday that is still hanging around - 4-5" Bit of a nightmare journey to work 1hr 10mins instead of 45mins.

God speed and may you survive the "big freeze" - Don't forget "mind the trams" :scared:
Old Nov 27th 2005, 12:17 am
..and Family

Originally Posted by bombards
Wow, Where are you in God's finest land?
Our relatives in Bury mentioned that it had passed them by on the webcam today.
Seeing this I suddenly got a craving for a pint of Joey Holts !!!!!!!!

We had a drop on Thursday that is still hanging around - 4-5" Bit of a nightmare journey to work 1hr 10mins instead of 45mins.

God speed and may you survive the "big freeze" - Don't forget "mind the trams" :scared:
The scarey bit is, i'm from just outside Bury, do drink Joseph Holts and work for the trams!
Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:55 pm
Cochrane AB Bound!

us3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really nice

I live about 35 minutes south of Manchester and I must of blinked when it snowed, totally missed it. Waited with sledges ready over the weekend ready to go into snowdonia, but nothing....so cheesed off.