x box

Old Dec 23rd 2010, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

visage is just really nicevisage is just really nicevisage is just really nicevisage is just really nicevisage is just really nicevisage is just really nicevisage is just really nicevisage is just really nice
Wink x box

Hi,we are in Vancouver wanting to return to NZ/OZ and my son wanted to know if he can take his x box and still buy/download games once we get to NZ/OZ ... we understand we will need a transformer but it will be pointless to take it if he can't buy games etc once we arrive ... any advice will be great ....
Old Dec 24th 2010, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

Tripitaka has a brilliant futureTripitaka has a brilliant futureTripitaka has a brilliant futureTripitaka has a brilliant futureTripitaka has a brilliant futureTripitaka has a brilliant future
Default Re: x box

Originally Posted by visage
Hi,we are in Vancouver wanting to return to NZ/OZ and my son wanted to know if he can take his x box and still buy/download games once we get to NZ/OZ ... we understand we will need a transformer but it will be pointless to take it if he can't buy games etc once we arrive ... any advice will be great ....
Yes, He will just need a power pack. I might be able to help there as I have a UK power pack (220/240v) that is useless to me but I need a 110v one, which is the one you have.

Will depend on timing but happy to swap if it works for you?
Old Dec 24th 2010, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tripitaka
Yes, He will just need a power pack. I might be able to help there as I have a UK power pack (220/240v) that is useless to me but I need a 110v one, which is the one you have.

Will depend on timing but happy to swap if it works for you?
But the games aren't Multi Region i don't believe, also i didn't think XBox live works outside of your console region??

We're planning on selling it all here and buying again in Canada.

Whereas the PS3 will simply ship with us, multi region games and no reginal restrictions on the 'on-line' play.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong...
Old Dec 24th 2010, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Tripitaka has a brilliant futureTripitaka has a brilliant futureTripitaka has a brilliant futureTripitaka has a brilliant futureTripitaka has a brilliant futureTripitaka has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by stokesey
But the games aren't Multi Region i don't believe, also i didn't think XBox live works outside of your console region??

Whereas the PS3 will simply ship with us, multi region games and no reginal restrictions on the 'on-line' play.

A lot of games are multi-region/region free. The ones that aren't, you just buy from the countries that do work through play.com, Amazon or the like.

As for XBL, I'm not sure. Been more years than I care to remember since I got banned on there!
Old Dec 24th 2010, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Not quite sure what you mean by the above. We have a UK and a Canadian XBox360 and use both of them in Canada and also have two UK live accounts and one Canadian Live account - they all work fine. Most games either UK or Canadian work fine in either XBox although there are a few that don't.
Old Dec 24th 2010, 4:27 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

For xbox live you can't change the region associated with your account , so as has been said, you need to set up a separate gamer tag to access the Canadian xbox live services
Old Dec 24th 2010, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Originally Posted by jimf
Not quite sure what you mean by the above. We have a UK and a Canadian XBox360 and use both of them in Canada and also have two UK live accounts and one Canadian Live account - they all work fine. Most games either UK or Canadian work fine in either XBox although there are a few that don't.
So the UK Live account will work on the UK Xbox in Canada?

Thanks..
Old Dec 24th 2010, 5:26 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

The uk live account will connect to the uk xbox live store , so any features like netflix for instance which are region specific will not be available.

You need to set up a Canadian xbox tag , which means your points and achievements will not carry over
Old Dec 24th 2010, 5:32 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to go OT - but your thread made me think of this....

Old Dec 24th 2010, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

So the UK Live account will work on the UK Xbox in Canada?

Thanks..
When I came to Canada it was without the familly initially. I bought an XBox360 and set up a live account in Canada so I could play online with the children on a Saturday morning. We brought over the UK XBox and since then have used both with UK and Canadian live accounts on both XBoxs without any noticable difference.

The "main" Xbox is the Canadian one since it has the new HDMI connection we can use with the new Canadian TV whereas the UK XBox is the old type without the new HDMI connection so it is connected to the UK TV we brought with us. The live accounts have been transferred between both XBoxs and seem to work okay and the children have accessed their accounts on friends Canadian XBoxs also.

There are a few UK games which don't work on the Canadian Xbox. I'd have to check with the children but I think generally the ones that support XBox live work on both.
Old Dec 25th 2010, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

SambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond repute

UK Live account will work on Xbox360 consoles of any region
However you will need to buy your subscription and Live points from a UK source in the future.

I sold my UK console when I moved here. Now I use my UK XBL account on a Canadian console, so I need to buy the points whenever I go to the UK or online
Old Dec 25th 2010, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

visage is just really nicevisage is just really nicevisage is just really nicevisage is just really nicevisage is just really nicevisage is just really nicevisage is just really nicevisage is just really nice

Many thanks for all the info ... my son is trading the x-box for a ps3 which seems to be a more portable product ..... again cheers for the info ... merry christmas !
Old Dec 25th 2010, 8:49 pm
Professional Cat herder

blue ray disks acn be region coded , so i would check about PS games as well
Old Dec 25th 2010, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

SambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
blue ray disks acn be region coded , so i would check about PS games as well
PS3 games are region free
Old Dec 25th 2010, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SambaDeAmigo
PS3 games are region free
100%, we have a Canadaian PS3 and have used it in the UK for the past 3 years, no problems at all. The blu-ray movies are mostly region encrypted so we can't play UK movies on it, no big drama though...