Reload this Page >

would it be a good idea ?

would it be a good idea ?

Old Aug 9th 2010, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

Adrian Harison is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: would it be a good idea ?

Originally Posted by The Aviator
So long as you are made of hardy stock it's OK.
i think i will wait for the spring as far as the fishing goes
Old Aug 9th 2010, 3:13 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought I would mention it, like that last year too if i recall correctly Ah fond memories of when I lived in Calgary.
The spring comment is true but we do usually have a quite decent summer but not this year.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 3:18 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
The spring comment is true but we do usually have a quite decent summer but not this year.
Ah, I have fond memories of prairie summers (very hot) and dark starry nights, long sunsets (not in that order), vistas of the mountains off in the distance.

Then there was the arrival into YYC, dinner date all lined up and getting sent up to YEG because of a thunder storm or squall lines. Those were the days.

Last edited by Aviator; Aug 9th 2010 at 3:21 am.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 3:20 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Probably more hiring going on in fall and winter than there is in the Summer? Seems that it takes months for anyone to make a hiring decision during summer vacation season.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 3:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

You'd more likely meet neighbours in the spring/summer if that is important.

In the winter months, we all drive straight into our garages, and then walk into the house, thereby not having to speak with anyone at all.

Until we all start shovelling the drives, of course, then it's virtually a party out there
Old Aug 9th 2010, 3:55 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Then there was the arrival into YYC, dinner date all lined up and getting sent up to YEG because of a thunder storm or squall lines. Those were the days.
Thread drift...

I got the opportunity (term used loosely) back in 1974 to go for a ride in a hail suppression aircraft (Piper Aztec) flying out of Red Deer. Interesting to say the least.

Just northwest of the Calgary we were directly beneath the cell with the flares lit. Then I noticed the ground had disappeared. We were rising at approx 500' per minute, engines back to idle, full flap and gear down.

Came back down a few minutes later, with new respect for pilot and thunderstorms.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steve_P
I have been watching a weather watch on calgary for the last two years , i am British cannot help it

Originally Posted by iaink
Probably more hiring going on in fall and winter than there is in the Summer? Seems that it takes months for anyone to make a hiring decision during summer vacation season.

I have been talking to Arpi's and i still have a job wating with them, last time my wife spoke to then was about 2 weeks ago .

If you are wondering am an Industrial plumber
Old Aug 9th 2010, 4:29 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

IMO. If you have a job waiting, then go ASAP and secure that job. That would be the number 1 priority.

As for winter, well it's just winter. The UK had a bad winter recently and i bet you worked through that OK. So as it has been said, don't sweat the small stuff.

We arrived 14 December 2008, i remember having to dig the car out of the hotel parking lot, the snow was that bad, and that was just Toronto. But it really was not a problem, fun even, by mid morning all the main roads had been cleared anyhow.

How would you feel if you waited another 6 months and then the job was not there because the company got busy, and needed a new guy asap over winter. Don't take the risk AH.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, don't get caught out.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

Wise words