Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

would it be a good idea ?

would it be a good idea ?

Old Aug 8th 2010, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Adrian Harison is an unknown quantity at this point
Default would it be a good idea ?

Me and my wife are waiting for and should get are permanent resident visa this year to move to calgary , its been a long time coming

The only thing am worried about is that its coming to the end of summer, should we wait for spring to come around before moving to Calgary ?

Adrian
Old Aug 8th 2010, 9:35 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: would it be a good idea ?

Originally Posted by Adrian Harison
Me and my wife are waiting for and should get are permanent resident visa this year to move to calgary , its been a long time coming

The only thing am worried about is that its coming to the end of summer, should we wait for spring to come around before moving to Calgary ?

Adrian
Calgary is open all year round.

If you're worried about the winters, why move there?
Old Aug 8th 2010, 9:38 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Adrian
Calgary doesn't get spring, mostly winter a few weeks of summer.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

am not worried about the calagry winter , but would it be a good idea trying to find my way around a new city, and staring a new job , just wonder if it would be added stress going this in the middle of winter
Old Aug 8th 2010, 9:51 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Buy a hat, some gloves, and a scarf. I'm sure you'll be fine

In what way are you worried about stress?
Old Aug 8th 2010, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

kamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud of

Daft question, its going to be much better in the spring ! nice weather, shorts, t shirts, days out at the lake, it might even be nice enough that you last until next winter
You are going to have to face up to the winter sooner or later
Carpe Diem................book your flights and start your life ASAP
Old Aug 8th 2010, 10:18 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Calgary doesn't get spring, mostly winter a few weeks of summer.
You just had to say that didn't you.

Unfortunately this year it is true.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kamikaze
nice enough that you last until next winter
You are going to have to face up to the winter sooner or later
Carpe Diem................book your flights and start your life ASAP
I don't mind the cold and i love the snow , am a very keen snowboarder
Old Aug 8th 2010, 10:42 pm
Beep

I don't mind the cold and i love the snow , am a very keen snowboarder
Then relax, enjoy the journey, and don't sweat the small stuff
Old Aug 8th 2010, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

What's the fishing like at the lakes ? 4 years me and my wife have been waiting to move to Calgary , cannot wait to get on that plane
Old Aug 9th 2010, 12:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Adrian
We arrived in January of 2007, with no jobs lined up. Had jobs and had worked out the layout of the City sufficiently so that, once spring arrived, we were good to go.

I wouldn't let the month you arrive dictate matters as much as you appear to want to. I would want to begin my new life as soon as possible.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 12:15 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

What's the fishing like at the lakes ? 4 years me and my wife have been waiting to move to Calgary , cannot wait to get on that plane
So long as you are made of hardy stock it's OK.
Attached Thumbnails would it be a good idea ?-ice-fishing-4a.jpg  
Old Aug 9th 2010, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

J-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond repute

We arrived in Winnipeg in December 10 days before Christmas with two kids..... We got all done and sorted and come spring we were kinda settled, had jobs and the summer to look forward to.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by Steve_P
You just had to say that didn't you.

Unfortunately this year it is true.
Thought I would mention it, like that last year too if i recall correctly Ah fond memories of when I lived in Calgary.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 12:17 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

You may not want to arrive in the middle of winter, not least because of the cold and also the short days (yes, you'll have to deal with the cold sometime but it's more of a challenge for first time arrivals). But other than that, you can arrive anytime. If your visa isn't granted yet, then it may well be spring before you are ready to move.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.