Wot a rip off

Old Jun 12th 2007, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all
Default Re: Wot a rip off

Originally Posted by Beebop
Same thing happened to me so I sent an email and got told that it's in their terms and conditions and tough!

I think you were lucky!
the email my wife sent was pretty impressive........we have used them since day one,plus all the uk guests for our wedding in ottawa used zoom.
we just used that and mentioned she would blacken their name where and when she could..........lucky...maybe,but maybe the threat of no further business worked
Old Jun 12th 2007, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Canuck Fan
No bargains for those of us going out west tho
I've seen fares at £39 and £43 for London to Vancouver... I'd call that cheap!!!
Old Jun 12th 2007, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really nice

Originally Posted by The TWs
I've seen fares at £39 and £43 for London to Vancouver... I'd call that cheap!!!
£39 and £49?? Where? Thats less than the fuel surcharge.

Oh well, my b'friend out in Van has paid for the flight anyway so not too many tears before bedtime
Mind you, I could of saved some of the money he sent buy buying a cheaper flight and spent the rest on some perfume on my way through duty free
Old Jun 12th 2007, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Canuck Fan
£39 and £49?? Where? Thats less than the fuel surcharge.

Oh well, my b'friend out in Van has paid for the flight anyway so not too many tears before bedtime
Mind you, I could of saved some of the money he sent buy buying a cheaper flight and spent the rest on some perfume on my way through duty free
Canadian Affair often has cheap flights last minute... You have to pay tax on top of that but it still works out tres cheap. We've flown for less than £250 return with them on several occaisions (although obviously not over christmas or heavy summer holidays!)
Old Jun 13th 2007, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The TWs
Canadian Affair often has cheap flights last minute... You have to pay tax on top of that but it still works out tres cheap. We've flown for less than £250 return with them on several occaisions (although obviously not over christmas or heavy summer holidays!)
I have just checked 2 flights with Canadian Affair, both departing Aug 5th Manchester to Calgary one one way and the other to return Nov 12th.

One way ticket £308 plus taxes

the same leg on the return ticket £208 plus taxes

Why ?????

gaynor
x
Old Jun 13th 2007, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

Originally Posted by burton bunch
I have just checked 2 flights with Canadian Affair, both departing Aug 5th Manchester to Calgary one one way and the other to return Nov 12th.

Why ?????

gaynor
x
I have just phoned Zoom across the pond as I have just opened my mail to find mail from them
A nice guy assures me that the booking had failed as I was having palpatations thinking that they were going to take money off me for the rip off booking
He was totally different to the rotters in Scotland
jo
Old Jun 13th 2007, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by burton bunch

Why ?????

gaynor
x
One way flights are always more - its the airline's way or guarenteeing a certain amount of profit as well as protecting themselves from you booking a one way with them and a return with someone else.

Sometimes an entire return flight can be cheaper than a one way
Old Jun 13th 2007, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really nice

Originally Posted by bear-diesel
I have just phoned Zoom across the pond as I have just opened my mail to find mail from them
A nice guy assures me that the booking had failed as I was having palpatations thinking that they were going to take money off me for the rip off booking
He was totally different to the rotters in Scotland
jo
Told you so