Wot a rip off

Old Jun 12th 2007, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice
Default Wot a rip off

i got up at 5 this morning to try and book flights for the end of July. Canadian affair had gone up £300 plus from last week.
However Zoom had gone up then back to just under £2k. I filled every gap on the form, you know national ins no, inside leg measurment and method of birth control. Entered the card details which wouldn't go through. Phoned the bank at 7am to make sure they hadn't put it thro security cos I wanted to spend my own dosh and was told there was no problem there.
I phoned zoom with the ref no that came up on booking but there was nobody in till 9
Went to work where I can't get to a phone so had to wait till I got home at 3. Phoned zoom to give them my ref no and was told that it only stays on the system for 30 mins and then you have to rebook. I told them they weren't open when I booked.
I re-entered all the details to find the price £330 dearer. Which I got a rise like this
Needless to say i will book Canadian affair just on principle
jo
Old Jun 12th 2007, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all
Default Re: Wot a rip off

we booked our flights with zoom to land on the 23rd,and the very next day they sent an email about a sale on flights.
we called them to see what they could do....the call centre person said nothing....so my wife sent them a nicely worded email(previous customers,etc) and low and behold they refunded us £76,so it was a result there.
its a shame it turned out like that,but maybe you could try rattling their cage......all they can say is no
Old Jun 12th 2007, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bear-diesel
i got up at 5 this morning to try and book flights for the end of July. Canadian affair had gone up £300 plus from last week.
However Zoom had gone up then back to just under £2k. I filled every gap on the form, you know national ins no, inside leg measurment and method of birth control. Entered the card details which wouldn't go through. Phoned the bank at 7am to make sure they hadn't put it thro security cos I wanted to spend my own dosh and was told there was no problem there.
I phoned zoom with the ref no that came up on booking but there was nobody in till 9
Went to work where I can't get to a phone so had to wait till I got home at 3. Phoned zoom to give them my ref no and was told that it only stays on the system for 30 mins and then you have to rebook. I told them they weren't open when I booked.
I re-entered all the details to find the price £330 dearer. Which I got a rise like this
jo
Check out Air Transat.
I was looking on there the other day and there was a flight going out 19th June, direct.....and it was £9.50. Yep, you read that right, £9.50 one way.
I haven't booked anything but was just brousing. They do some good prices if you're flexable on times/dates and airports.
Worth a look if nothing else.
Old Jun 12th 2007, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all

that is what id call a bargain
Old Jun 12th 2007, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

Originally Posted by PaulCall
we booked our flights with zoom to land on the 23rd,and the very next day they sent an email about a sale on flights.
we called them to see what they could do....the call centre person said nothing....so my wife sent them a nicely worded email(previous customers,etc) and low and behold they refunded us £76,so it was a result there.
its a shame it turned out like that,but maybe you could try rattling their cage......all they can say is no
I tried phoning them again and explained that the price had risen within hours by over £300 and they stated that I should have phoned straigt away. I explained that I did but they were closed. They stated that there was nothing they could do even though an enquiry no had been generated from thier site as the price fluctuates on demand. i explained that exactly the same seats were still available. there response sorry but you have to pay the new price
Canadian Affair here we come
Old Jun 12th 2007, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

quite right jo.......if your money isnt good enough for them....stuff them
hope you get a great deal elsewhere.......id still send an email to them and just bitch at them
Paul
Old Jun 12th 2007, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

that is what id call a bargain
I know!! Check it out, they still have it on there. B'ham - Toronto 19th June - £9.50. I had to do it twice before I beleived what it, I thought it was a mistake.

Return flight for £200 can't be bad.
Old Jun 12th 2007, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

Canuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really nice

I tried phoning them again and explained that the price had risen within hours by over £300 and they stated that I should have phoned straigt away. I explained that I did but they were closed. They stated that there was nothing they could do even though an enquiry no had been generated from thier site as the price fluctuates on demand. i explained that exactly the same seats were still available. there response sorry but you have to pay the new price
Did you call Zoom's Glasgow office by any chance?

I booked with Zoom week before last, I had a problem with booking on the web so i rang their customer services (Glasgow). I was not impressed, even after speaking to a so-called supervisor I was left very agitated, they were very unhelpful.

Soooooo, I rang their HO in Ontario. Wow! what a difference, so much more helpful. To my amazement they rang me back the following day on my mobile (from Ontario). They were ringing to make sure everything was now ok as i'd sent them 'to the point' complaint email re their Glasgow office.
I ended up explaining to the lady in Canada that I thought the attitude i'd experienced this end was a culture thing, not necessarily a poor reflection on ZOOM generally.
Old Jun 12th 2007, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold

I just had a quick look at Canadian Affair. Manchester-Montreal on 14 June is only 8.50ukp!!!

Ok, so you then have to add the taxes and a 5ukp late booking fee and you have to book a return (goes up to 38.50ukp for a one-way) but bargains can be had
Old Jun 12th 2007, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

Canuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really nice

Originally Posted by tallperson
I just had a quick look at Canadian Affair. Manchester-Montreal on 14 June is only 8.50ukp!!!

Ok, so you then have to add the taxes and a 5ukp late booking fee and you have to book a return (goes up to 38.50ukp for a one-way) but bargains can be had

No bargains for those of us going out west tho
Old Jun 12th 2007, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canuck Fan
No bargains for those of us going out west tho
No i know - my return flights for 3 of us were £1133 and 2 of us one way 4th aug premium are £1066 -

Gaynor

Old Jun 12th 2007, 7:30 am
Account Closed

Beebop is an unknown quantity at this point

Same thing happened to me so I sent an email and got told that it's in their terms and conditions and tough!

I think you were lucky!
Old Jun 12th 2007, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

L'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud of

One of the times I went through Candain Affair I almost completed the booking on-line and then rang the call centre in Vancouver (flying from Canada to UK) to ask about the fee they were trying to charge me for using a credit card. Not only did I not have to pay the fee - but the kind gentleman on the other end found a way for me to get the flight cheaper - I think it was something to do with booking it in £s rather than $s - I was extremely pleased that I'd given them a call! I am not saying that this has worked out everytime, but it's always worth a try Altough if there are flights out there going for £8.50 you may not need to bother!
Old Jun 12th 2007, 8:09 am
I'll have a double double

dozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to all

jo
try TRANSAT, they have just started to fly to and from Heathrow...

rgds

John
Old Jun 12th 2007, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by burton bunch
No i know - my return flights for 3 of us were £1133 and 2 of us one way 4th aug premium are £1066 -

Gaynor

Who are you flying with Gaynor? The boys and me are flying from manchester on Sunday 5th August with Canadian Affair (Thomas Cook, I think it is) for £1049 total, but that includes some discount for booking through Darren's bank account. Just booked it today - ooh scary!!

Also had GB Liners in today doing the first day of the packing - ooh even more scary!! All went well apart from a slight blip when I panicked thinking that one of them had packed a carton of fruit juice which I had just got from the supermarket and I had visions of it being stuck in a container going off or leaking until we get the house on 31st July. But luckily it turned up on the window sill hidden behind a pile of the packing boxes (and the removal men just looked at me with pity for being a neurotic female stressed out with the move!!)

Hope you had a good trip over there and enjoyed yourself and hope you get everythign sorted out here soon!

Lisa x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.