Reload this Page >

Winnipeg Neighbourhoods

Winnipeg Neighbourhoods

Old Mar 27th 2011, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

islanders is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Winnipeg Neighbourhoods

Originally Posted by CoachC
I've been doing alot of looking on th Internet and there doesn't seem to be much of the renting market for family homes in Winnipeg andeven less in rural Mantoba.

My wife emailed the real estate guy recommended earlier in the thread but he has nothing available that would be suitable at the moment.

I think my employer have someone they use so hopefully he'll come up with a few properties we can look at.
Hi, We have located a Rentalguide which you can just pick up at Safeway and they seem to have a fairly good web site which is www.hometrader.ca happy hunting.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

CoachC is an unknown quantity at this point

I think we would prefer to move straight into a long term rental, our youngest will be about 12 weeks old when we get to Canada so we don't want to be moving around to much.

We will be in Canada on Work Visas so we won't be looking to buy until we get PR.

Looked at a lot of property on line, but i think I need to look at a few when I'm over.

At this stage we would like 3 bedrooms and a full basement and there isn't many of those around. Might be happy in a townhouse for the first 12 months.

Thanks for all your help
Old Mar 31st 2011, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

CoachC is an unknown quantity at this point

Had my travel dates through, I'll be in winnipeg for the 2nd - 8th may

Very much looking forward to it,

Hopefully find a house while I'm there.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 12:54 am
Just Joined

islanders is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CoachC
Had my travel dates through, I'll be in winnipeg for the 2nd - 8th may

Very much looking forward to it,

Hopefully find a house while I'm there.
Hi: that's good. If you want to take up the offer of meeting up PM us.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

beehappy has a spectacular aura aboutbeehappy has a spectacular aura aboutbeehappy has a spectacular aura about

Confirming anything in the South end of the 'Peg is the way to go and there are some wonderful shopping and parks located there

I live just outside the city in rural south west and local rentals are usually advertised on local boards.

As an aside ..if your proposing to buy a rural place the springtime which has basically just started is the best time for when properties come on to the market..its just getting going now but I wouldnt call it "full swing" yet since we are in the Spring melt at the moment.

If anyone needs a "landing spot" while they look around I have accom for one or two ..PM me can pick up at Wpg Intnl Airport
Can help with newbies finding their feet and locating stuff...