Winnipeg

Old Mar 8th 2011, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

CoachC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Winnipeg

Been offered a Job in Winnipeg to start July, going over on a recce end of april hopefully. Got no preconceptions of Winnipeg so I'll keep an open mind.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 1:04 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowshoveller
Decent curry is a bit thin on the ground though!
Except for the morning after the night before.

Old Jan 2nd 2012, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

Holy thread resurrection batman!

btw, did the OP ever make it to winnipeg?
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 7:46 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Except for the morning after the night before.

http://www.forumup.tv/images/smiles/oregonian_vomit.gif
I had a corker recently. It was like sitting on the sun.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

samjr400 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure but we did Well 40 minutes away!!! I was a little confused when I read the resurrection post!!!!
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by samjr400
Not sure but we did Well 40 minutes away!!! I was a little confused when I read the resurrection post!!!!
Neat! so how do you like it? Winters been kind so far, Eh!
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Dryden - in the bit of Ontario that everyone forgets about.
rob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of light

We love Winnipeg for a weekend shopping trip as it's our nearest big city - I also work there now and again when the guys are a bit busy and need a hand.

Plus it has the Jets now. And Cabelas.

As cities go, we like it as it's not too big, easy to navigate, has enough shops to keep us happy and some nice parks and areas. We love the Forks in the summer for the vibrant atmosphere.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Neat! so how do you like it? Winters been kind so far, Eh!
I like it so far and yep the weather has been great all round since we moved here. Not a fan of Winnipeg but I am country bumpkin through n through! I am sure there are nice parts I just haven't found em, I just find it too busy for me! However we do have trip to the zoo planned which I am told is pretty neat!
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

I like it so far and yep the weather has been great all round since we moved here. Not a fan of Winnipeg but I am country bumpkin through n through! I am sure there are nice parts I just haven't found em, I just find it too busy for me! However we do have trip to the zoo planned which I am told is pretty neat!
Good to hear, yes the zoo is pretty neat for a small one, my kids loved it, we had a years pass and went most weeks for the year, pity the old polar bear passed away though.

Make sure you take in the festival du voyager in february, its a great winter event.

Oh and if they weather folks say theres an Alberta Clipper heading your way, take cover! and batten down.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Good to hear, yes the zoo is pretty neat for a small one, my kids loved it, we had a years pass and went most weeks for the year, pity the old polar bear passed away though.

Make sure you take in the festival du voyager in february, its a great winter event.

Oh and if they weather folks say theres an Alberta Clipper heading your way, take cover! and batten down.
We enjoyed the zoo and will definately go back in the summer again! I have found something worth going back to Winnipeg for - Duckys Fish and Chips... boy did we enjoy them
Old Jan 5th 2012, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

dormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to behold

Wow that is coincidental timing...first time I have been back on here for a long time and forgot all about this thread.

Yes I did make it back in February and am loving the city, for all those 'Peg bashers out there, don't knock it until you've tried it. Love the multi-cultural feeling and the huge amount of things to do. Ended up renting in St James, but have just bought a house in St. Norbert, move in next week. I'm here for the long haul, best move I could have made, what a huge improvement on Nova Scotia.

I swear my citizenship oath next week too, loving life!
Old Jan 5th 2012, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Glad to hear things are working out for you
Old Jan 5th 2012, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dormy
Wow that is coincidental timing...first time I have been back on here for a long time and forgot all about this thread.

Yes I did make it back in February and am loving the city, for all those 'Peg bashers out there, don't knock it until you've tried it. Love the multi-cultural feeling and the huge amount of things to do. Ended up renting in St James, but have just bought a house in St. Norbert, move in next week. I'm here for the long haul, best move I could have made, what a huge improvement on Nova Scotia.

I swear my citizenship oath next week too, loving life!
Glad to hear it is going well!!!! Also interested to hear you prefer it Nova Scotia as when we moved we were debating between the 2 and Manitoba won because of the weather !!!!
Old Jan 5th 2012, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

dormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to behold

Glad to hear it is going well!!!! Also interested to hear you prefer it Nova Scotia as when we moved we were debating between the 2 and Manitoba won because of the weather !!!!
I just find it so much more open minded and welcoming to "folk from away" than Nova Scotia, its a much more friendly less suspicious attitude here. The drivers have to be the worlds worst though!
Old Jan 5th 2012, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dormy
The drivers have to be the worlds worst though!
Yep, thats winnipeg!