Windsor

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Windsor

Originally Posted by NSpaul
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

I refer to your original post...
I refer to my original post also. Detroit was the place I furnished my derogatory statement.
Would you care for a duel sir? Toothpicks at 40 paces.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Ooh, you're using a BlackBerry with a wireless connection! I didn't realise Halifax was so technically advanced.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:01 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve666
Ooh, you're using a BlackBerry with a wireless connection! I didn't realise Halifax was so technically advanced.
Shouldn't that be technologically advanced.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Shouldn't that be technologically advanced.
You're right steve, but I can't say it when it's spelt like that!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:04 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I am one of a small handfull of BlackBerry users - even RIM has a substantial operation here (but sadly we don't have much of a dying auto industry if that's the sort of thing you look for in an area)
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:06 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

You're right steve, but I can't say it when it's spelt like that!
Well we might as well start getting your vocabulary Canadianized.

Oh by the way we don't use "spelt" it's "spelled" don't know why it just never caught on. Mind if enough of you lot come over it'll find it's way into the language somehow.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

How come you can buy a mansion with 8 bedrooms and 5,000 acres of land for £3.50 (three dollars fifty) in Windsor but there's no work? It's hundreds of miles from civilisation and on the doorstep of Detroit, the most down and out piece of real estate north of Mexico. Who lives there and how do they make a living??
I go down to Windsor/Detroit area every few months (my in-laws live in MI) I also have family in Windsor, I have to say 4 years ago it was a pretty prosperous place, 4 years on its seems to going down hill, I was just down there for the holiday weekend and it was my first visit in 6 months and in MI I see that business/people are selling up and moving to different states/provinces.
The American car manufactures aren’t doing so well these days and I would a say 50% or more people work for them in the Windsor/Detroit area, so when their losing money everyone else suffers also. Windsor will always be a special place to me because it was first place I visited in Canada and so many other goods things have happened there for us but I don’t see local economy getting better anytime soon