Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Willis Brazalot

Willis Brazalot

Old Nov 22nd 2006, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future
Default Re: Willis Brazalot

Do not use any imigration "consultants" to get you a job as a HGV driver/mechanic in Canada and save yourself £££££££££'s!!!!!
You can do it all direct with the Canadian trucking companies themselves,look up:
www.bigfreight.com (flats)
www.westcanbulktransport.com (tanks/bulkers)
www.siemenstransport.com (vans/lowloaders/flats)
www.hrtrans.com (reefers)
Also go to the "Canadian drivers" forum at www.onlinetruckers.co.uk (or "ex-pats" forum at www.trucknetuk.com) which are british truckers websites where you will find alot of guy's posting here that have gone over on the PNP scheme to drive trucks "long haul" in Canada.
They will all be only too glad to help in any way they can with info/tips etc.
Bear this in mind,If you are going over as a family unit you will need to have at least £30 grand in liquid savings with you to tide you over for the first year or so. ALOT of families have gone over with less and ALOT have came back to the UK again in short shift!!!!!!

Last edited by Big Truck; Nov 22nd 2006 at 1:06 am.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

beeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nice

we are using willis and brazalot and wished we hadnt. it was recommended its taken ages and cost a fortune abt £5000 and still not there. could and should have done our selves. we wish we had found this site well before we signed up. only now after 15 months are we finally going over on a pnp
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

rich1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Willis Brazalot my experience

i was going to use a agent Willis brazolot had a meeting with them in the Hilton hotel went through it with him i had a job offer too it wasn't approved through HRDC though so he said he would knock £2grand off the total he wanted was £7 grand shocking if i had had the money at the time i wouldn't have paid it anyway.
Then when we said we would go away and think about what we would do he became very rude he had been nice as pie up till the price told us we couldn't have been that sure of going to canada in the end his face was bright red and i had to be very firm and rude to him because he would not take no for an answer kept shoving the contract in my face he is lucky i didnt knock him out complete ass*oles just be warned also i was going in on skilled work visa and my immpression was he new we were going to be a easy one as there is a shortage of my trade and i had job contract too not approved he was going to get it approved be warned!!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

DKCAN is a jewel in the roughDKCAN is a jewel in the roughDKCAN is a jewel in the roughDKCAN is a jewel in the roughDKCAN is a jewel in the rough

hi rich1977

what trade are you in ??
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

jon2211 will become famous soon enoughjon2211 will become famous soon enough

We used WBC for our immigration and after 1 or 2 hiccups at the start they have been very helpful and very professional, in OUR case. I wouldn't want to comment on any one else's circumstances, but we wanted to get over quickly and we felt that WBC offered us an opportunity to "jump the queue" and avoid the 3 to 4 year wait.

Yes it was expensive, but what value do you put on your family's future?

So has it paid off? 8 months after meeting with Chris Willis, we are sitting in Calgary, move into our new house next Friday, I start work in my new job on 4th December. Without the confirmed job, I didn't have sufficient points to achieve Skilled migrant (66).

Donna at WBC found the job, convinced them that it wouldn't be a problem to employ a Brit as WBC would do all of the work, organised an interview for me in the UK, dealt with the work permit application, submitted my Full application and have answered my every question. It may or may not be relevant, but my basic salary in Canada in gbp10k a year more than I was earning in the UK, without taking into consideration any cost of living. So it will take me less than a year to earn the 5k it cost to use WBC.

I may well be an isolated case but I just wanted to let you know of my dealings with them. They have been professional, courteous and very very helpful. It is also worth noting that included in the 5k was all the processing fees and IF we didn't get to Canada we would be refunded 98% of the fee.

It wouldn't dream of telling anyone else to use them because I don't know their circumstances, but that's my story!
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

daz and jac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by keohanes_on_the_move
Has anyone any experience bad/good with this company?
hi just read your thread i had a friend that paid thousands with this guy and didn`t get anywhere. i think he had some conection with four corner`s as well.
anyhow i have used a lawyer to get into alberta as a trucker and he his first class he doesnt use any cowboy firms and every employer i have spoken to regard him very highly. got 5 job offer`s last week on my research trip his name his colin singer and he can be found on www.immigration,ca
hope this is of use and good luck
Old May 24th 2007, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

trevie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your advice
There's nothing complicated that should be of any problem, so we will try and go it alone for the time being.
We've read some good reports about a particular trucking company that recruits UK drivers for Alberta/Saskatchewan, we'll give them a try.
Hi,
Just read your message. We have used Willis Brazalot and are just sending in our passports now.
Thay are very good,kept us well informed.
Old May 25th 2007, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

KennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by daz and jac
hi just read your thread i had a friend that paid thousands with this guy and didn`t get anywhere. i think he had some conection with four corner`s as well.
anyhow i have used a lawyer to get into alberta as a trucker and he his first class he doesnt use any cowboy firms and every employer i have spoken to regard him very highly. got 5 job offer`s last week on my research trip his name his colin singer and he can be found on www.immigration,ca
hope this is of use and good luck
I used Colin Singer as well and here I am, Visa's in hand!
They are very efficient, not as expensive as some quotes on this post but not the cheapest either. Overall I'm happy with the service!
If I had known about this site when we were applying, I'd have used Andrew Miller.
Just my 0.02$ worth!
Kenny
Old Jun 8th 2007, 10:22 am
Just Joined

foggydew42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone any experience bad/good with this company?
saw them at the expo in Glasgow last year. As a HGV driver they said I could be out in canada in 3 months but they are looking for about £3000 GBP per person ?. There are cheaper companies to go with if thats the way you want to go. hope this helps