Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Why move to Canada?

Why move to Canada?

Old Feb 19th 2010, 1:59 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why move to Canada?

Originally Posted by Squiddgelalert
Thankyou dbd for that
Perhaps bullshit is the right word for a country that wont let foreign workers actually work and still lets in 250,00 every month. A country that is full of bullshit that stops company owners from getting LMOs and rather see a company close because it cannot find Canadians to actually work, perhaps you are so full of shit that you cannot see what is happening or maybe you are a true Canadian blinded by that fact.
Not that you are interested in letting facts get in the way of what appear to be deeply held predjudices, but third quarter 09 immigration was around 75k people. Emigration, or to translate it for you 'white people fleeing the ethnic hell that is Canada' was a mere 11k. Your 150k per week figure is as laughable as you are offensive.

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/daily-quoti...1223b1-eng.htm

Last edited by Atlantic Xpat; Feb 19th 2010 at 2:03 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

well dbd,
Having attended a seminar for foreign workers in a room that holds probably no more than 70 plus the staff, the wife and me were the only "white people" attending. We felt third class - god only knows what a Canadian must be thinking when he sees all these Asians, Mexicans, Spanish, Vietnamese and Chinese everywhere.
You'll love it back in England 'Squiddgealert'. Nick Griffin and the BNP are going great guns at the moment and he may even be elected as an MP in May. You can get back there in time to join the Party!!!

BTW My wife is Chinese, daughter bi-racial and I find it offensive when they are characterized as less than OK (as in your post above). Maybe you should leave your jackboots at the door before continuing posting, my friend.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulOK
You'll love it back in England 'Squiddgealert'. Nick Griffin and the BNP are going great guns at the moment and he may even be elected as an MP in May. You can get back there in time to join the Party!!!

BTW My wife is Chinese, daughter bi-racial and I find it offensive when they are characterized as less than OK (as in your post above). Maybe you should leave your jackboots at the door before continuing posting, my friend.
Would he be racist if he was from a visible minority?
Old Feb 19th 2010, 2:14 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisfromusa
Would he be racist if he was from a visible minority?
Of course.

"Mmmm, think of all those Chinese, Colombians, Vietnamese, Asians, and Africans taking over the Maple leaf."

would be a racist statement from the fingers of an Inuit as much as it is from those of a white man.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

backhomeagain will become famous soon enough

As a final comment regarding Canada, I think it sucks, big time Those who got the permanent residence - fair play. But I bet you had to virtually tell them the colour of your undies to get that PR. And what right does a government have to know how much money you have? What, cant the eggheads come up with another idea? Or is it so acceptable to people now that telling the government they have x amount of dollars in the bank so they can find ways of taking it away from them? Talk about legal robbery, Canada seems to have got that down to a fine art.
A country steeped in crap like it is - you can shove it. I'm outta here very soon and my only regret is coming here. Wish me good riddance all you want, it just reinforces what I believe about Canada - keep your Vietnamese, your Asians, your Chinese because very soon you Canadians will be the minority and very soon fluttering in the breeze high above parliament wont be your beloved the Maple Leaf.

I've never experienced as many two faced, back stabbing people as I have within the last two years. UK is not perfect, but at least we dont have to complete a life story on paper to get a job.

Dont belive me? Just scroll back throught the pages and read other comments similar to mine - we cant all be wrong.

Last edited by iaink; Feb 19th 2010 at 2:47 pm. Reason: Language. Please, try not to take up more of my time.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 2:17 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

As a final comment regarding Canada, I think it sucks, big time .
REALLY? I would never have guessed.

Thanks for clearing that up, and especially for it being a FINAL comment. Dont let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

They want to know that immigrants have been sucessfull in their previous life, and having managed to accrue a certain amount of assets is a way to determine that. Canada does not want to import losers.

Last edited by iaink; Feb 19th 2010 at 2:22 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

readytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nice

well dbd,
Having attended a seminar for foreign workers in a room that holds probably no more than 70 plus the staff, the wife and me were the only "white people" attending. We felt third class - god only knows what a Canadian must be thinking when he sees all these Asians, Mexicans, Spanish, Vietnamese and Chinese everywhere.
Do you somehow feel you have more right to be in Canada than any of the Asians, Mexican, Spanish, Vietnamese or Chinese in that room with you just because you are white? It's clearly never crossed your mind that any one of those people could be better educated, more highly skilled and a bigger asset to Canada than you are.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

another typical canadian
Old Feb 19th 2010, 2:20 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

because very soon you Canadians will be the minority
Lord Vader's already in the minority here.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

fek me atlantic.
Being offensive doesnt even come close.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

As a final comment regarding Canada, I think it sucks, big time

And what ****ing right does a government have to know how much money you have? I'm outta here very soon and my only regret is coming here. Wish me good riddance all you want, it just reinforces what I believe about Canada - keep your Vietnamese, your Asians, your Chinese because very soon you Canadians will be the minority and very soon fluttering in the breeze high above parliament wont be your beloved the Maple Leaf.
your exit from Canada won't take too long as your tiresome rants on this forum are rather tiresome. We get it...you don't like Canada, Canada doesn't like you and it is all because 'immigrants' are taking all of the jobs. The irony in this is unbelievable.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

As a final comment regarding Canada, I think it sucks, big time Those who got the permanent residence - fair play. But I bet you had to virtually tell them the colour of your undies to get that PR. And what ****ing right does a government have to know how much money you have? What, cant the eggheads come up with another idea? Or is it so acceptable to people now that telling the government they have x amount of dollars in the bank so they can find ways of taking it away from them? Talk about legal robbery, Canada seems to have got that down to a fine art.
A country steeped in ****ing crap like it is - you can shove it up yer ass. I'm outta here very soon and my only regret is coming here. Wish me good riddance all you want, it just reinforces what I believe about Canada - keep your Vietnamese, your Asians, your Chinese because very soon you Canadians will be the minority and very soon fluttering in the breeze high above parliament wont be your beloved the Maple Leaf.

I've never experienced as many two faced, back stabbing people as I have within the last two years. UK is not perfect, but at least we dont have to complete a life story on paper to get a job.

Dont belive me? Just scroll back throught the pages and read other comments similar to mine - we cant all be wrong.
If you think Canada is bad, think you might slit your wrists if you came here! But hey Canada, just like the U.S., isn't for everybody. Me thinks you just ran into a bad patch and emigrated to the wrong spot? Or you came here expecting to live like they do in the Rockies or whatever? I live in a border state and the opinions are a mixed bag, so, probably give somewhere else a chance instead of generalizing all 35 million people, don't give up yet. And guessing from all the Asian comments you're making, I'm guessing you emigrated to BC?
Old Feb 19th 2010, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

whats the story with USA then?
Looks like machining jobs are advertised by the hundreds
Old Feb 19th 2010, 2:49 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulOK

Is that Paulo di Canio in your avatar?
Old Feb 19th 2010, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

partially discharged - heh, thats a good name - (EH!) needs flushing down the crapper

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.