Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Why move to Canada?

Why move to Canada?

Old Feb 24th 2010, 10:56 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why move to Canada?

Originally Posted by thepeacock
I also see gangs of what looks like Turks, Polish, Eastern European men walking the streets, claiming benefits and not even looking for a job..
The problem is being sure that they are from these ethnic groups. Perhaps having different colour stars or triangles that each group could wear at all times would make the task easier?

Last edited by lmartin999; Feb 24th 2010 at 11:00 am.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lmartin999
The problem is being sure that they are from these ethnic groups. Perhaps having different colour stars that each group could wear at all times would make the task easier?
I suppose he could tell if they were talking, say polish??
Old Feb 24th 2010, 11:02 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Strawberry
I suppose he could tell if they were talking, say polish??
Yes, but that's such a hassle. I would suggest a red triangle with a large P on it instead. So much simpler and quicker for everyone.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

Yes, but that's such a hassle. I would suggest a red triangle with a large P on it instead. So much simpler and quicker for everyone.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 11:24 am
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

This seems such a good system, I can't believe no one's come up with it before. It really would make choosing the correct racial slur so much easier. As we all know, there's nothing worse than shouting out " f**k off home you lazy Polish ****", only to find out later the chap was Bulgarian!
Old Feb 24th 2010, 11:50 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

So tell me if say Vitenamese boat people starting turing up on Canadain shores, simply said "political asylum" ......would the be given homes, money, medical+ other benfits and a entry permit? What if you stsrted gettig thousands every week? Think you could cope with it?
That is what happens. I cope with it well except that sometimes the anecdotes of concentration camp escapes, relatives left behind, fear of returning, get a bit samey. I've seen the Killing Fields, I don't know that I need to hear the same tale from myriad people.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

thepeacock is an unknown quantity at this point

i wasn't aware I was trying to get into Canada to simply sit on my arse and sponge off your taxes...... I would never expect and I wouldn't do it.

My point is the thousands that are flooding into the UK every day simply to do this.......you guys do not see what is happening here.... Re-read and stop with this B*S* about us "workers" trying to emmigrate.

Some of your points i agree with, but surely an immigrant sponging of the state is no different than a British Citizen doing the same?
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

B*S*.............absolute hogwash. I know every country has a problem but not 5% of what "benefit Britain" has.

That is what happens. I cope with it well except that sometimes the anecdotes of concentration camp escapes, relatives left behind, fear of returning, get a bit samey. I've seen the Killing Fields, I don't know that I need to hear the same tale from myriad people.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Why what difference does it make? If they are Aisian spongers, Eastern Europeans, African,.. a sponger is a sponger who gives a f***? It's the fact they are sponging that annoys me NOT where they come from.

The problem is being sure that they are from these ethnic groups. Perhaps having different colour stars or triangles that each group could wear at all times would make the task easier?
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

are you kidding me?

Seriously....you ask this? May I ask how old you are?

you see when man with 6 kids and 12 family members comes to UK under "politial asylum" and is given a £150,000 house, free medical and £1,000 per month for food and clothes etc....where do you think they get that money from ? The Tooth fairy? TAXES.......VAT?

You know we pay £1.14 a litre of petrol now and over 80% of that is tax....

Seriously man this a stupid question!

And does this REALLY affect your life?
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Funny how you ignored this part of my post which would have told you what annoyed me about spongers isn't it?

I have Nigerian friends....they work, contribute, no problem. That's what it is all about.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 8:00 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Why what difference does it make? If they are Aisian spongers, Eastern Europeans, African,.. a sponger is a sponger who gives a f***? It's the fact they are sponging that annoys me NOT where they come from.
As was said before, you are just going to love Canada!

Maybe you should come visit, or try Bunac or something first!

And the tax on fuel is there to discourage its use for environmental reasons. Trust me, its a good thing in the long term compared to a 2.5 liter car being considered "economical" in the land of the 5.3liter V8 truck.

People posting here actually live in Canada and are trying to help you, dont get chippy with them!

Last edited by iaink; Feb 24th 2010 at 8:02 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 8:03 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

What you are not taking into account is that these so-called spongers are contributing to society in other important ways. Think how empty our shopping precincts or pubs would be on a weekday? It's basic post-Keynesian economic theory.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 8:05 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
People posting here actually live in Canada and are trying to help you, dont get chippy with them!
Well, some of them anyway!
Old Feb 24th 2010, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

katybennett1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

My point is the thousands that are flooding into the UK every day simply to do this.......you guys do not see what is happening here.....
Where have you got these figures about "thousands"? And why do you keep putting quotation marks around the words political asylum as though it's a fake concept?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.