Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

why do parents always try and stick their oars in...?

why do parents always try and stick their oars in...?

Old Aug 27th 2006, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: why do parents always try and stick their oars in...?

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
We have 2 Siberian Huskies, you have a team!
I certainly do, although 2 are too young and just starting training this season.....broken legs here I come
Old Aug 27th 2006, 10:24 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mally Lass
I certainly do, although 2 are too young and just starting training this season.....broken legs here I come
well, good luck with the training
Our 2 would love to be on a team racing, they have plenty practise dragging me when we go for a walk
Old Aug 27th 2006, 10:25 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

It's an Alaskan Malamute, I'm a gutten for punishment and have 4 :scared:

4!?! OH MY GOD! My Chow is only 24lbs at the mo' and he's strong! :scared:
Old Aug 27th 2006, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
well, good luck with the training
Our 2 would love to be on a team racing, they have plenty practise dragging me when we go for a walk
Tell me about it. I would die without my walking belt. Get them on a Rig to take you shopping
Old Aug 27th 2006, 10:28 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me about it. I would die without my walking belt. Get them on a Rig to take you shopping
I have seen people wearing the walking belts. wasn't sure if they were any good
Old Aug 27th 2006, 10:30 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Liana][QUOTE=Mally Lass]
Originally Posted by Liana
"Do on to others as they do unto you" - and where did you get that quote from? Presumably you made it up, so it is effectively not a quote.

You are all seem to be a little misguided about what is a quote. .

wtf...reading through this thread we all knew what sans was meaning, sans got their point over and that's the main thing surely....i hate it when people nit pick about things like this also spelling and grammar..... this is not an english exam ffs
Old Aug 27th 2006, 10:30 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

"Do on to others as they do unto you" - and where did you get that quote from? Presumably you made it up, so it is effectively not a quote. "As you would be done by" is a much better quote- the parents are not acting that way but Julius is- he will be able to move on and he is a good person from the sound of it.

" " another unusual response. So many unusual people on this board- no wonder Brits are notorious.
Hmmm misguided, unusual notorious Brits and apparently Dourrr to boot, anyone for another
Old Aug 27th 2006, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
4!?! OH MY GOD! My Chow is only 24lbs at the mo' and he's strong! :scared:
Don't know in lbs but my two girls are roughly 30 kgs each and I have 1 boy at 46 kgs and the other boy at about 50 kgs :scared: very scary !!
Old Aug 27th 2006, 10:37 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

[QUOTE=TruBrit][QUOTE=Liana]

wtf...reading through this thread we all knew what sans was meaning, sans got their point over and that's the main thing surely....i hate it when people nit pick about things like this also spelling and grammar..... this is not an english exam ffs
off subject i know how are you Trubrit?
Old Aug 27th 2006, 10:38 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=DollyLlama][QUOTE=TruBrit]
off subject i know how are you Trubrit?
good tks off to denver tomorrow...i'll pm you
Old Aug 27th 2006, 11:02 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julius smith
as for the future, who knows. we still have a couple of years left on our visas, but the parents do not want to come with us, so what will become of our hard-acquired immigration?
Had similar, though not in the same league, treatment from my wife's parents and sister when we announced our move. They (the parents-in-law) moved to the same town as us having given my wife a guilt trip about moving away from the old area. Then they proceeded to blank us, spend a fortune on the kid of this French family they met through the town-twinning committee and come up with bizarre excuses if Catherine wanted to pop over with our son (including the famous: "We can't today, it's 10% off day at Homebase"). He was forever turning up newspaper reports about negative things happening in Australia as if I thought it was some sort of crime-free utopia (I'm a dual national and had previously lived in Oz and wasn't blind to this country's negatives). As the day of our departure grew closer they had Josh (our son) over to stay for a few nights, but when we picked him up (he was four at the time) he'd talk about all the things he was going to miss, many of which would never have occured to a four year old, and it was clear the PILs were giving him a hard time. We called a halt to those sleep-overs - couldn't believe they were trying to manipulate us through a four year old. On the day we left and we were saying our goodbyes I blanked the pair of them, got in the car, waved through the window and drove off to the airport. We're now happily living our own lives out here in Australia and if folks back in the UK want to look on that as some terrible snub to them, then let 'em - life's too short. Good luck for the future Julius and family.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hutch
Had similar, though not in the same league, treatment from my wife's parents and sister when we announced our move. They (the parents-in-law) moved to the same town as us having given my wife a guilt trip about moving away from the old area. Then they proceeded to blank us, spend a fortune on the kid of this French family they met through the town-twinning committee and come up with bizarre excuses if Catherine wanted to pop over with our son (including the famous: "We can't today, it's 10% off day at Homebase"). He was forever turning up newspaper reports about negative things happening in Australia as if I thought it was some sort of crime-free utopia (I'm a dual national and had previously lived in Oz and wasn't blind to this country's negatives). As the day of our departure grew closer they had Josh (our son) over to stay for a few nights, but when we picked him up (he was four at the time) he'd talk about all the things he was going to miss, many of which would never have occured to a four year old, and it was clear the PILs were giving him a hard time. We called a halt to those sleep-overs - couldn't believe they were trying to manipulate us through a four year old. On the day we left and we were saying our goodbyes I blanked the pair of them, got in the car, waved through the window and drove off to the airport. We're now happily living our own lives out here in Australia and if folks back in the UK want to look on that as some terrible snub to them, then let 'em - life's too short. Good luck for the future Julius and family.
Well said, it's true, life isn't a rehearsal, you only have one chance to do something with it so enjoy.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Liana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really nice

[QUOTE=DollyLlama][QUOTE=Liana]
Liana, lighten up
I thought my post # 44 was a kind, considerate and respectful post to Julius who is going through a lot of trauma and yet Sans reponse to that was .Very confusing responses on this board.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Liana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really nice

[QUOTE=Mally Lass][QUOTE=Liana]

Who's misguided ????

You said he made the quote up, we corrected you.

I didn't say Google would give you the information, I said "Google It" meant as in, "Look it up"

Before preaching about 'Quotes' think before 'Misquoting people' !!!
I am not sue how you corrected me- where was the response to my original request? Where does "the phrase" come from.? No one has helped me - just a lot of attacking posts started by Sans and supported by others
Anyway this thread was an emotional question by a stressed out poster who was getting rid of his frustration via the board and presumably open to any advice and support. My post was "eeked" at by Sans and it wasn't a controversial post. Julius has been supportive of those relatives who have not helped him. He deserves better treatment and will get it eventually because he seems to be a caring person and with such a role model presumably his family will be the same. Being unlike that will not be a good role model for any family - he will move on as he builds up his courage.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Liana][QUOTE=Mally Lass]
I am not sue how you corrected me- where was the response to my original request? Where does "the phrase" come from.? No one has helped me - just a lot of attacking posts started by Sans and supported by others
Anyway this thread was an emotional question by a stressed out poster who was getting rid of his frustration via the board and presumably open to any advice and support. My post was "eeked" at by Sans and it wasn't a controversial post. Julius has been supportive of those relatives who have not helped him. He deserves better treatment and will get it eventually because he seems to be a caring person and with such a role model presumably his family will be the same. Being unlike that will not be a good role model for any family - he will move on as he builds up his courage.
You didn't request a source for the quote, you simply said he made it up and I corrected you by saying : It is a quote, look it up or if we're splitting hairs here "Google it" as in LOOK IT UP YOURSELF

You're right this thread was originally about a stressed out poster seeking advice/solace etc from the people here until you came along splitting hairs about another poster's good intentioned quote, that everyone else but you, it seems, had no problem in understanding If you wish to post a question yourself about the source of a specific quote from someone, start your own thread, instead of hijacking someone elses with irrelevant he said- she said rubbish

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.